Lt. Commander
I am just curious to what reason Cryptic has for the obvious hate they have for Klingon.
There has been several patches with federation stuff in them but still Klingon are struggling to even
see a point in doing anything except PvP.

After the gazillionth time running in cracked planet pvp it gets a little boring and some PvE would be fun.

And I do not mean PvE at base level either, but I guess in the 45 day patch or whatever Cryptic is going to give Klingons some PvE but then it will be a little to late for those going through content right now.

Federation can do PvP and PvE so...why the Klingon hate?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 05:15 AM
I think it' s not hate. It' s a decision of business in their opinion. About 80% of all playes are playing Federation atm. What Cryptic do forget is WHY noone likes to play Klingon and that we are very important for the Feds because we are the opponents in PvP the Federationi hardly needs. But instead giving us more content Cryptic goes the easy and stupid way to implement FvF PvP because this is much easier and and not so expensive

Do I trust in Cryptics competence and in their knowlege of Star Trek? Really I don' t know it anymore
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 05:57 AM
Feds get PvE, and can do PvP with klingon and now Cryptic fixes so they can do PvP with themselves. What does Klingons get...jacksh***t. we have not gotten even the cruiser thats promised...

I would not be surprised to see Klingons die out....we are actually hving to PAY to get Klingons and still we get the ****** end of the stick...how does that work...we got to be grade A+ morons to fall for that crap
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2010, 06:29 AM
Right now it seems to be a "spiral of death"...
I mean there was no real Klingon content when this game was launched, not even decent character generation pieces.
The only reason I went "alien" was not that I did not want to play a Klingon, I really did but the choices were so poor that I was not satisfied with them after hours and hours of attempts to build a proper Klingon.
Then there are issues like no Klingon Tricorder, transporter effect, no content...
So people will stop playing Klingons until that is corrected.
Unfortunately since there are so few people playing Klingons (I REALLY wonder why) Cryptic probably
does not feel very motivated to work on them so more people will stop playing Klingon (again I wonder why) so...until that changes I prefer calling this game "Federation Online", as much as it pains me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2010, 09:14 AM
It was not hate. It was lack of leadership and vision.

Cryptic felt they needed to throw in another faction at launch, even if that faction was devoid of any real content.

In beta, I asked for Klingons to be held back until they had fully fleshed content, for PR reasons. The Klingon players shouted me down, literally telling me that they were happy to have the little content they would be given. So, Cryptic listened to the players, and released a shell of a faction.

Just think, Cryptic, if you had held them back for a month or two. In that time, you could have focused initial resources on completing at least one faction's game play through to end game content, and then used that as a base framework to build the Klingon content. When they would have been released, it would have been to a level of gratitude, rather than hollow disappointment.

Hindsight is 20/20. Learn from this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Start making a fed alt now imo , because fairly soon it'll be 10 -15 dedicated klingon players vs the horde of feds. I think they've already waited too long to add content for klingon's and most of the ones they've already lost wont be back .
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Cryptic doesn't hate Klingons, they love them. You even have Jack Emmert and several others saying how much they love their Klingon characters.

Klingons need to be patient in waiting for PvE content, else it's going to be rushed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2010, 10:17 AM
rushed?

It should have been in place before release.

Even in OB we were assking for content.

Plus, I have a FED toon, with nothing to do eather, both faactions need more content.

And yes, Ill play my klingon more if more content is released, At this moment,I dont even feel like logging in.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Cryptic doesn't hate Klingons, they love them. You even have Jack Emmert and several others saying how much they love their Klingon characters.

Klingons need to be patient in waiting for PvE content, else it's going to be rushed.
They can TALK all they want as to ho much they love Klingons, but the live version of the game says otherwise. What's been done in all the patches since going live speaks volumes also as to how much "They love Klingons."
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post

Really... Jack have not even show up around this forum since headstart... Patience on a Faction that since CB has been... well those that play Klingons knows.

The Klingon side is been in a landslide, plenty of players after the 30 days is over they will not comeback (some just log in to get the Daily quest and leave). some of them will wait the 45 days to see if something really happens in the Klingon faction after that they may not be by day 60.

If is implemented the Fed v Fed PvP then that will be the last straw and finnaly the rest of the Klingon players would leave. Except the Hardcore ones. Yes this is Federation online and has been Federation online since CB.

For those that are hoping for more playable factions in the game, see what is hapening to the klingon Faction and that would give you a good felling of what kind of faction they will build.

This for me would be the 2nd failure that Cryptic produces, so any game that would come from Crytic in the future i would not even try it. Maybe there will be players that continue supporting Crytic games, but not me. I do have patience, but is not that deep.