Lt. Commander
# 11
02-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Yeah, he's a level boss. He's pretty buff.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-19-2010, 02:11 PM
In the tutorial you have the chance to fight one, and in the borg space Q mission you fight one as a boss.

They are super cool I'd love to have one in the future as my character.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Humans have a food dependency but humans who are assimilated don't eat.

I think that the Borg wouldn't need to "cure" the dependency so much as just provide their bodies with the right nutrients.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-19-2010, 02:56 PM
As far as the Dominion "Rebuilding their forces", as it were...
*Spoiler warning*

In one of the missions, you're sent to search a planet due to reports of a New Link being formed. Eventually you do find the New Link, where a Founder comes out to tell you that they just want to be left alone and aren't at all interested in fighting with the Federation again. One particular changling has been causing the trouble, so they hand that one over in exchange for being left alone.

I find it pretty odd that the Cardassians and the Dominion are so pacified in STO, while people who the federation was on fairly good terms with have gone completely off the rocker. Not totally unbelievable though.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-19-2010, 04:49 PM
There is nothing odd about the war between the feds, klinks, and roms. All 3 were not too friendly with each other during all of TOS, and most of the TMP-era, the feds and klinks were also at war before the dominion war got into full swing. And the destruction of Romulus has fueled the roms hate for the feds.

I find it more odd the dominion and cardy's work together at all anymore. Near the end of the war, the cardys double crossed the dominion and joined the fed\klink\rom fleet in liberating cardassia. In response the Founders order the cardassians "exterminated," and not just military targets, but ALL cardassians.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF

I think that the Borg wouldn't need to "cure" the dependency so much as just provide their bodies with the right nutrients.
DS9 has shown that Ketracel White addiction has been impossible to remove even through genetic manipulation, so the only reasoning I can think of Jem'Hadar Borg don't just drop dead after a couple of weeks is that the borg assimilated someone who knows how to make it, and they keep the nanites producing it since obviously, Jem'Hadar drones are all kinds of bad ****in ass.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Would a liberated Jem'Hadar Borg no longer be addicted to Ketrecel White?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-19-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF

But have the Borg ever assimilated a Vorta or a Founder? The Jem'Hadar themselves would not supply the Borg with the knowledge of how to make White.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-19-2010, 07:27 PM
We are the Jem'Hadar Borg and we are dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar Borg.

PS You will be assimilated.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladinbob View Post
Would a liberated Jem'Hadar Borg no longer be addicted to Ketrecel White?
I personally had figured the white would keep them from being assimilated anyway, too much effort for the borg, nobody else was really able to synthesize ketracel white.. That was kind of the point.