Lt. Commander
# 11
02-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleThomson
Thought the same thing. Coderanger seems to work 24/7.

Considering the mayhem that is going on in the forums I am really totally amazed how he can do this (and I am not innocent myself, I totally know that)
Heh, actually, he does alot of this stuff on his own time.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-19-2010, 08:11 AM
There have been rumors that I sleep, but I'm waiting for confirmation before I believe those.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
There have been rumors that I sleep, but I'm waiting for confirmation before I believe those.

Screen shot or it didn't happen!
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
You gotta sleep, if you're not sleeping you get wasted... then we get a wasted Coderanger:

(with apologies)

Well I'm a wasted CodeRanger
I live a life of danger
On the forum to find a bigger bug
I don't need no one's affection
All I need's a caffiene injection
And a out-of-focus Trinitron to get me by

I've been doin' games since I was ten
I really can't remember when
I ever had a hour to call my own
My keyboard's worn, my eyes are red
I can feel my pulse inside my head
There's a 6' stack of Dew cans in the trash
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemonkey69 View Post
Ok, I have been playing around like crazy with the graphics settings to stop this infinite loading screen debacle, and have finally narrowed it down to the setting that causes it. It is the "World Texture Quality" setting which does it. At the minimum setting (50%) my game loads in about 10 seconds. At 75% it takes me a full minute to load in. And at 100% or above it never loads. So if anyone else has been having problems loading in with anything but low graphics settings give this a go and see what happens...

I don't understand this at all, the game will quite happily let me set the graphics to whatever I want once its loaded but if I encounter a loading screen with World Texture Quality setting up it doesn't want to know.
Is there a slash-command available for World Texture Quality control (like /worldtexturequality 0.5 and /worldtexturequality 1)? I'd like to set this up as a keybind toggle if possible as it's working for a problem I'm having in systems like Sol as well.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-19-2010, 11:27 AM
What amazes me is that code ranger works and posts feedback on the forums that man (team of people?) needs a raise.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
For those having this issue, please attach dxdiag reports so we can try to correlate why it happens.
How do we attach dxdiag reports Dev?