Lt. Commander
# 61
02-19-2010, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoop_Snake
Yet to see this wonderful 'schedule' for outages - most of us that work in IT know that downtime is only considered to be scheduled when your customers know about it days in advance instead of on the day (and advertised with the incorrect date). However given the number of outages maybe it would be better if they simply told us when we are allowed to play. For us folk in Ozland who have to work during the week and only get Fridays and weekends to play that would be, let me see now, never. Glad I'm not paying for this yet - a big cancel coming up when the free time is over if the constant outages don't stop.
Whine and cheese

CIHYS?
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-19-2010, 05:33 AM
Am I missing something or is the ds9 fleet mission still not working?
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-19-2010, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneirocat
Mujina, it should NOT be expected for new MMOs to be constantly down for bug-fixing and patching. What the frak did I pay for at the store? A FINISHED BOXED PRODUCT. That's what beta testing is frakking for, to iron out the bugs in order to ship a finished product.

The gaming community are getting sick to death of the attitude that it's alright to release an unfinished, buggy game, and expect people to put up with patching for the first few months. In three months STO will be a graveyard, like Warhammer and ***.

It's especially frustrating for people in Australia/Asia -- downtime is always in the evenings there, which is when most people play (after school and work). I know folks who have barely been able to play because of the constant downtime in their evening times.

So pull your heads out of where the sun doesn't shine, Cryptic. The gaming community are getting wary of companies like yourself charging people $80 for what should be a finished game, when in reality it's an unfinished game with months of patching and fixing and frustrating downtime.

I certainly wouldn't pay for a three course restaurant meal in advance, only to have the entree canceled, the main half-cooked, and dessert promised next year.
Hate to break it to you, but no software product is ever "finished" witness Windows or Unix or Linix all come out with patches and fixes and Unix in one flavor or another has been out since the 70s (Unix, Linux, and variant history) . That includes those played on game consoles.

So if an operating system developed and released in the 70s is not "finished" what would make anybody think a game developed and released 18 days ago would be?
Lt. Commander
# 64
02-19-2010, 06:11 AM
Patch release notes?
Lt. Commander
# 65
02-19-2010, 06:22 AM
Next topic down...

Also in the "Release Notes" tab of the launcher.
Lt. Commander
# 66
02-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Is it just me or is the game running slower since the last patch? As of today, I have a hard time logging into the game before it times out. And even worse is the fact that since I tried to dock at DS9, I can't even logon to the game at all before it times me out.

Just sayin'.
Lt. Commander
# 67
02-19-2010, 09:47 PM
I thank Cryptic for the patches but to do it on sat. nights shutting down the servers! I work all week for freedom of playing all night on weekends.
Lt. Commander
# 68
02-20-2010, 02:35 AM
Just wanted to know why there is another scheduled maintenance downtime today, you just had a big one yesterday? It's weekend, we'd like to play now. Can't you wait until Monday (normal downtime time)?
Lt. Commander
Why are the Servers always down on Saturday morning. This is prime playing time for anyone who has a daytime job and the Servers are ALWAYS down.

If we don't work we can't play and if we work we can't play!