Lt. Commander
# 501
02-18-2010, 08:13 PM
I just played for a couple hours and the only issue I see is that I get a double mouse cursor of sorts. Basically two cursors one on top of the other (one an arrow the other the STO symbol). When I move the mouse the arrow is faster and the STO symbol lags a bit. Basically behaves like mouse trails - not a big deal and usually I don't notice it because I use the keyboard for most stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 502
02-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Just tried this out, and it worked really great on my MacBook Pro, can't wait to give this a shout on the next episode of STOked!

-Chris
Lt. Commander
# 503
02-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadronflux View Post
I just played for a couple hours and the only issue I see is that I get a double mouse cursor of sorts. Basically two cursors one on top of the other (one an arrow the other the STO symbol). When I move the mouse the arrow is faster and the STO symbol lags a bit. Basically behaves like mouse trails - not a big deal and usually I don't notice it because I use the keyboard for most stuff.
that isn't anything to do with this.... that is because it turned Software Cursor on in STO.

Under video options, you can scroll down and click on the troubleshooting section title, to expand it, and disable the software cursor, then it should run fine.
Lt. Commander
# 504
02-19-2010, 03:32 AM
I am trying this now. My bootcamp went a little nuts heh so this could be completely awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 505
02-19-2010, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjb0812 View Post
I don't know if this was in response to Chris-Papa or me, but my setting looks identical to yours except that I can't put my Max Lights per Object setting to higher than 2. I'm not sure if that's the reason my starships aren't lit up or not. Basically my starships (and everyone else's starship for that matter) have dark gray boxes surrounding where the ship portholes are. And the starship name and registry number on the saucer aren't being lit up by anything. The only light on my Original Constitution class ship is on the impulse engines and the bussard collectors.
I was in a similar boat with my ATI card until I pawed around inside the wrapper to enable GLSL (directions elsewhere in this thread) - once enabled, lighting and textures were beautifully improved.
Lt. Commander
# 506 It works!
02-19-2010, 05:38 AM
Hey, FYI, I just got the Mac Beta working - thanks! I've got an iMac 24. Let me know if you want me to test stuff for ya
Lt. Commander
# 507
02-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhrothgar View Post
I was in a similar boat with my ATI card until I pawed around inside the wrapper to enable GLSL (directions elsewhere in this thread) - once enabled, lighting and textures were beautifully improved.
Okay, tried that, but now the game is crashing before I even get to the character select screen. Are there any more steps I should take before I try loading it again?

EDIT: Okay I've come to the conclusion that the game will always crash with the GLSL ENabled and will always load with the GLSL DISabled. Am I pretty much screwed? I just hate playing the game with subpar graphics when I know they can look so much better.
Lt. Commander
# 508
02-20-2010, 02:07 AM
Hey guys, I'm having problems installing STO on my 13in MacBook Pro. I was going to try a buddy key, and just finished downloading the client via a torrent. I ran the installer just now through StarTrekOnline.app, and it went on for a bit until it tried to execute the DIRECTX installer. It stood still there for over an hour, I think, so I canceled the installation.
Since then, I can't get the option to install STO from the setup.exe again! =( When I start StarTrekOnline.app, it shows the login screen, but naturally I can't do anything from there since STO is not installed. Any suggestions on how I can "reset STO to uninstalled"?

Many thanks for any advice, and eternal gratitude to doh123 for this awesome workaround! (At least I assume it's awesome I'm counting on being blown away once I get it working!)
Lt. Commander
# 509
02-20-2010, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMID
Hey guys, I'm having problems installing STO on my 13in MacBook Pro. I was going to try a buddy key, and just finished downloading the client via a torrent. I ran the installer just now through StarTrekOnline.app, and it went on for a bit until it tried to execute the DIRECTX installer. It stood still there for over an hour, I think, so I canceled the installation.
Since then, I can't get the option to install STO from the setup.exe again! =( When I start StarTrekOnline.app, it shows the login screen, but naturally I can't do anything from there since STO is not installed. Any suggestions on how I can "reset STO to uninstalled"?

Many thanks for any advice, and eternal gratitude to doh123 for this awesome workaround! (At least I assume it's awesome I'm counting on being blown away once I get it working!)
It can be VERY SLOW during the setup.. My whole setup from disc took well over an hour, if not an hour and a half... not totally sure why.

If you want to try the setup again, you can right click Star Trek Online.app and select "show package contents" and run WineskinSettings.app you find in there.

If you can get the log in screen and patcher.. it should also work from there but it will have to do some major sized patching that could take a very long time to download everything its missing.
Lt. Commander
# 510
02-20-2010, 01:26 PM
It works really well but I have a question can I put it in my toolbar or can I only use it off that icon?
Closed Thread