Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-20-2010, 10:33 AM
yeah i think it was financial reality that pushed sto out the door faster than ideal but honestly would you rather be playing now like we are or waiting for random screenies and vids for 2 more years. im happy to be playing now and im sure as time passes cryptic will get things in order. personally i have watched many mmo's ive played from the beggining morph into almost a wholly different game as time passed by EVE , WOW are good examples .
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amialis View Post
Well those that complain pvp sucks, look at ******** when it was first releases...

What was the pvp? Oh right world pvp... it took them 6months to put in battleground and even then they only had 3 battlegrounds...
And Arena was only added in during TBC release if I remember correctly...

I know comparing mmo's is a waste of time... but come on... do you expect the pvp system to be 100% at launch?
When a company releases a game where one faction is completely PvP only and relies on that PvP, then yes I do in fact expect a 100% (or damn near close to it) PvP system at launch. Your point is not valid, because although WoW's lame PvP arena system wasn't in for their launch, you could still play PvE on both Horde and Alliance factions while you waited for them to be implemented. And by PvE I don't mean doing the same kill 10 Murloc mission over and over again that makes you wait 5 minutes before you can kill your next 10.

I'm sorry, I hate Dev bashing as much as the next gaming fan and feel it doesn't get you anywhere in getting a game fixed. But in this case the Klingon players have a right to be ****ed at the state the faction was released in. The PvP system was poorly done, there's zero PvE content for them, and even the NPC's have far more customization options than the players do. It's a complete mess.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
I agree with the OP.

Cryptic's PvE is not that exciting. You wanna know what Klingon PvE is going to be like? Easy enough: zone in, shoot anything that's shootable and click anything that blinks. The difficulty will be tuned so that the below-average gamer can complete it, which means it's going to be mind numbingly boring for the rest of us.

You're going to get PvE which is even duller than your 300th run of Cracked Planet, you're going to level past it in 3 days if you don't simply get bored with it first.

It's a waste of development time.

What we need is more/better PvP. Yes, doing your 300th deathmatch can get boring, but the solution is to add more maps and more gametypes, especially bigger, more complex games that have some strategy to them. Cryptic style PvE is not a solution.
Agreed.

Ten characters.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amialis View Post
Well those that complain pvp sucks, look at ******** when it was first releases...

What was the pvp? Oh right world pvp... it took them 6months to put in battleground and even then they only had 3 battlegrounds...
And Arena was only added in during TBC release if I remember correctly...

I know comparing mmo's is a waste of time... but come on... do you expect the pvp system to be 100% at launch?
In a game where the primary selling point is war between two factions yes it should be more than this...
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Just a vote in strong favor of adding Klingon PvE conmtent...in case any developers are looking. Klingon PvP can be fun but it can get old if that is all there is to offer, and there needs to be a way for people to hone their basic gameplay skills as well. I am a SWG player and I hope Cryptic doesn't fall in to the trap that SWG has in asuming it is rewards and the promise of rewards that solely motives players. I find often the thing that people are looking for is as varied experiences as possible, both in cointent and in environment. The game experince itself is the motivator; not the new gizmo that is so hard to get your hands on. Developers do themselves a disservice when they shy away from allowing players access to a wide array of experiences. The renowned Klingon infighting in itself should led to many possible storylines to be explored...it sems too rich with possiblities to be ignored as a source of PvE. Given the fact that there is a vast Star Trek fan base out there that exists independent of being gamers it would seem only logical to expand in the PvE area.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Because the PVP in this game is a very bad joke and does not approach fun in any way, shape or form. (at least after the 425th match in exactly the same circumstances)
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Well, why do I want Klingon pve? I love Klingon history, culture and their great sense of honor, if you like. And there are good stories to be told, and great possibilities within those cultural parameters if they make some solid story-line for us to follow. But there is a great if here because even I have finished the Fed storyline two times now not all of those were all together engaging. Some were, and really good ones. So I hope, that in lieu of the experience they had and perhaps with input from fellow Klingon players they could make a great story-line pve arch.

This could be beneficial and get a more diverse crowd on the Klingon side, and spice up pvp altogether. Of course this is just a prediction, and it might not come true. But, this is why I personally would like to see a Klingon pve.

It's like those old WW II games, where you always have a long story-arch with allied forces and all. But then an expansion comes out where you can play the axis powers, and people tend to enjoy those more. Not because of any ideology but for the difference in units and story. And there's something inherently attractive in any game to play the bad guy, underdog, what-have-ya. Goody two-shoes is only fun, for so long
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Fir me I want PVE because I enjoy playing the story side of the game and enjoying game content. I have capped my Fed officer now and when I bought the game I wanted to go Klingon, but I have never much cared for PVP all the time I like have the choice of when and where to PVP.

I think SWG had one thing right with that PVP system give the power to the Players as to when we want to PVP by giving us the option to decide if we want to go open PVP or play PVE. this way we as players can roll what we want and play the way we want to play as some of us enjoy PVP all the time and others not so much!