Lt. Commander
# 111
02-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
I haven't had a chance to play the patch, but if all they have done is allow people to run Science team after being hit with VM this does not negate VM. I've had Science Team II fail at keeping VM at bay in the past, so it should theoretically continue to fail at times with this change. Furthermore, nothing I read in the patch notes suggests that Engineering Team or Tactical Team will clear VM.

The problem with VM was that too few things countered it reliably. Now with the changes as far as I've read them, all we have is a greater chance to counter it. The game did not need a hold that left you incapable of any action for upwards of 30 seconds.
Can nucleonic get a nerf then 2?
Lt. Commander
# 112
02-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollywog
Can nucleonic get a nerf then 2?
I'd like to see it scale less with auxiliary.
Lt. Commander
# 113
02-20-2010, 02:38 PM
The problem with WM (and sub-nucleonic beam) is partly that there are so few counters... but mostly because they are no fun. VM especially. Either to die to them, while you sit there unable to do anything, or to get cheap kills because you VM'ed someone while their sci team was down.

"You had more skill, sure, but I had my I WIN button! lololol"

And let's not forget that engineering and tactical teams become almost worthless in tiers where VM is an issue. You dare not put your sci team on cooldown lest some nub hits his i-win button.
Lt. Commander
# 114
02-20-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm curious to see what will happen after the 30 day trial is over. Also after 60 days. Obviously there will be a drop off, not because of VM or SNB: there's always a drop off in subscriptions for any new game the first two months.

I'm curious to see who is going to be doing PvP after that drop off: whether it's the hardcore PvPer (not much to sustain that in STO so far) or the more casually minded PvPer (not much here to sustain that as well).

The 3rd month, I've found, is where MMOs either stabilize or tank.