Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Lt. Commander
Hi im a new player here, and so far i love the game,,
uhhh, that is until i encountered a very wierd bug.

Ok, my first character is a tactical officer and his body armor shows up on him when equipped.

MY second character is an engineer and his body armor doesn*t show up.

I tried going to the character screen, right clicking on the equipped armor, and than selecting ''show item'' option AND IT STILL* doesnt show up!!

My characters stats increase in points when it is equipped but it just wont show up

I tried relogging, and no dice
I tried restarting my computer and no dice
I tried the ''hide armor / show armor'' options again and again and again,,,,, nothing works.
i tried re equipping my items and īsuch and it still doesnt help.

THE KITS are appearing visually as they should and i can make em disappear at will,, so thats working normal, BUT my body armor wont show up no matter what i do!!

***BTW!!***
I STILL have the exactly same kind of armor on my previously created TACTICAL officer, AND the armor shows up on him just fine!!

PLEASE HELP!!
I dont wanna run around just in my uniform on a hazardous hostile planet while everyone else and their mother have their uber-super duranium titanium armor to protect themselves.
Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2010, 05:13 PM
This is a known bug for a few armours on different officers. Try a different one and see if that works.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleglas View Post
This is a known bug for a few armours on different officers. Try a different one and see if that works.
Thx for the reply! I would love to try on another armor to see if it works, but im so very newb i can not even afford any new armor, i just arrived at earth station and talked to the admiral quinn and explored a bit etc etc....

AND NOW: im kinda scared coz what if i put many hours into the game just to find out that none of the armors show up on my character so i have to quit playing? (maybe some people dont care about the visuals as such, but its very important for me)

PC: the first armor that i got and tried on is the armor i got from c store for free ALONG with other deluxe edition goodies..
AS I SAID, it is receiveable/WORKDS on BOTH my characters, but only visibly shows up on ONE of my characters.....

now what to do,, what to do....

THIS IS ONLY A GAME, i know, but to me its a very cool game, so i dont wanna give up on it,, but i dont want to play without armor, either...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Quitting over an aesthetics bug, seriously? Guess we all have our quiffs.

That asides, its a known bug that crops up sometimes. Not one of the admiral ranked armours are showing at the moment. The fix for them will likely fix that one.. Just switch armour types. Shown or not, you still get the stats.

That or just hide the kit too. I'm more then happy to go running around in ground missions in my Wrath of Khan admiral's uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Don't worry, I'm an Engineer and I have found only 1 that doesn't appear (can't remember name), but I know that all the others do seem to work for me fine.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Update
02-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Updated:
After further and further testing, i can now humbly update this bug report:

The chromodynamic armor (body item) ONLY shows up on Tactical Officers, AND NOT* on any engineering or science officers that it is equipped on.

That is the reason why it was showing up on my (first) tactical officer and not on my (second) engineering officer.

I now fully realise that (Just as Eleglas and others pointed out) its is NOT ALL the armors that are bugged up, but only a few of em from what i understand.

Phew thank god, i thoght this bug was much more serious, and worse i thought i was the only one being effected by it in the entire universe!

But i do hope that it gets fixed eventually, even if its not such a serious bug....