Lt. Commander
# 1 Transwarp self cooldown
02-14-2010, 09:56 PM
There is a nice utility skill to use and its called Transwarp Self. When used it opens a transwarp portal at any sector space and transwarps yourself back to Stabase 1. I have noticed that the cooldown for this skill is 30 minutes yet the cooldown only times down when are in your own ship. If you beam to the starbase, logoff, or even switch over to bridge view, the cooldown does not count down. What is this count down based on? you have to be looking at the outside of you ship at the transwarp coils so it can cooldown?
I think this should count down in real time no matter where you in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Agreed, I found that to be quite odd as well. 30 minutes is 30 minutes in or out of game. Not time just travelling in game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 10:43 AM
@Yoyort - If that were the case, people would just log out, and then in again to avaoid the cool-down.

However, it IS my opinion that whether on the ground or in your ship that the cool-down clock should continue to count down.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Better question: Why is there a cooldown at all? What does it matter if I want to transwarp back to Sol every 2 minutes?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 11:41 AM
The cooldown *should* continue to count down whether you are in space, ground or offline completely. I havent really noticed if it does or not though. I rarely use it except when I need to offload crate full of loot and I'm not close enough to any starbases.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-20-2010, 09:40 PM
IT is a good utility to use and a 30 min cooldown is acceptable so that it is not abused. Why not have it in real time though? You would still have to wait it out whether you log out or run around on the starbase.

Also, how about being able to get other transwarp self coduits for other places as you get more rank? Say like Memory alpha? as the saying goes. " Rank has its privaliges".
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandulair
IT is a good utility to use and a 30 min cooldown is acceptable so that it is not abused.
I don't think you can ABUSE that skill, it does not any harm to anybody or the game mechanics in my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoriz
The cooldown *should* continue to count down whether you are in space, ground or offline completely. I havent really noticed if it does or not though. I rarely use it except when I need to offload crate full of loot and I'm not close enough to any starbases.
signed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-20-2010, 10:10 PM
yeah but why just to sol why not say omega fleet or k7 or ds9 why not any of them as an admiral i demand my rights as a federation admiral that i should be able to transwarp to different station let the lowly ranks fly there im an admiral and idle lol
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandulair
IT is a good utility to use and a 30 min cooldown is acceptable so that it is not abused. Why not have it in real time though? You would still have to wait it out whether you log out or run around on the starbase.

Also, how about being able to get other transwarp self coduits for other places as you get more rank? Say like Memory alpha? as the saying goes. " Rank has its privaliges".
Both of these comments sum up my feelings on the matter.