Lt. Commander
# 1 Missing Slash Commands
02-12-2010, 03:31 AM
on 2/10/10 there were well over 1200 slash commands visible in game using [/cmdlist] today there are only about 600.
I guess this is normal for a new game as some of the commands were admin controls and such.

Still it makes it look like the game is getting smaller not bigger.

PS Dev Team: Good Work the game has greatly improved over the past 2 weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 06:17 AM
Thanks you for answering this question for me - I've been wondering for two weeks how fo find out the slash commands

No all of us are seasoned MMO players - and the lack of manual material in this game explaining many feature can be VERY fustrating at times

And a note to Devs, I agree - good job on getting things more stable and working these last few weeks. though I know many still have issues (myself included with some missions) I have also noticed things getting done - and credit isn't always given (that and being able to see the Exchange last night for the first time was cool The Crystal mission is bad hehe)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 12:00 PM
They had to clean up the cmd list because a lot of them were made not to work on purpose for STO, however they were listed because they are normal commands for the game engine. I assume some of them are used internally and they only want them available internally (i.e. by them).
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2010, 07:13 AM
Slash commands that are primarily for superpowers wouldn't work in a Trek Game....

However, I'm a bit miffed that the command to execute an ability by it's name doesn't work...why was this done? If I want to activate my Tractor Beam with a slash command by name, that's my business isnt it?