Lt. Commander
# 181
02-16-2010, 06:23 AM
congrats to all who attended, you all look amazing on the pictures, you did us brits proud
Lt. Commander
# 182
02-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcarsteven View Post
So did everyone who attended at 12pm get a game code then?
The code is the same for everyone... JIH MUSHA SOH (Klingon for "I love you")... so you didn't miss anything.
Lt. Commander
# 183
02-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkerdean View Post
Beau - I loved the Cardassian costume on Sunday
Many thanks for your kind comment Trekkerdean. It is much appreciated, my friend.

I thought EVERYONE'S costume was great ! It was really nice to see ALL the Star Trek series' represented (TOS, TWOK, TNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise, and of course the J.J. Abrams Movie !). AND worn by such an exuberant and tremendous bunch of people ! It was a joy to be among them.

I especially loved the Klingons, the Borg, the Vulcans, the Andorians, 'Bev Crusher', 'Captain Picard' and Aide, the alternate Mirror Universe FEMALE Captain Kirk (JANE T. Kirk ?), 'Worf and Jadzia' in wedding dress, 'Captain Janeway' (with coffee mug) AND her 'evil twin', the 'Galileo Girl', all the young ladies who bravely turned up in miniskirts despite the freezing conditions *SALUTE*, and last but by NO means least, the Orion slave girls, including the sensational Soomka !

Every single participant and their supporters, from all over the UK (and EVEN some from abroad !) ALL contributed to make it such a brilliant day, and deservedly set the First Guiness World Record for a Star Trek Costume Gathering ! It was an honour to be there with you all.

Hopefully, we will all meet up again some time. Perhaps at the 'London Movie Comics Expo' (29-30 May 2010) which offers a huge indoor (and hail free) venue and is a mecca for costume wearing attendees.

Respects and regards to all !

Beau.
Lt. Commander
# 184
02-16-2010, 03:50 PM
So did the egging ever happen or did the trolls chicken out?
Lt. Commander
# 185
02-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerIIC View Post
Most of them were probably joking..

Well it might be nice to have a record attempt that gets broken, STO could celebrate its anniversary by such events and learn from this one ie not valentines day, better informancy on times so it's guaranteed to be broken. Even a large hall hired for an after party would be good idea.

What good is a record if no one wants to break it?
Lt. Commander
# 186
02-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerIIC View Post
Definatly no eggs. Of course, I did joke about this even with a sarcastic friend I have. He asked if this was going to be the world record for the most geeks beaten up in one place.....

I scowled
Lt. Commander
# 187
02-20-2010, 04:36 PM
This would be a wonderful and timely event if, in fact, STO was Star Trek in anything deeper than name.
Lt. Commander
# 188
02-21-2010, 04:38 AM
massive fan of the ginger lass with huge nockers and tight star trek top. Now she does understand what trek is all about.
Lt. Commander
# 189
02-21-2010, 08:55 AM
congratulations to the fans who set a new record in London!

Althoug I am in the UK and from London, I couldn't go as I was running a 20 mile race in reading on sunday 14th.

Hope something along the same lines may happen.

To the lady in the Bev Crusher outfit in the story; I could dress up as Wes Crusher