Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Cryptic,

We're closing in on the 30 day mark for that included month that alot of folks will most likely be making their decision whether to give this a go in the next 6 months or not. There is an amazingly huge amount of rage directed at realizing that we're paying for an extended beta. In true fashion, you have been silent to the concerns that have been voiced not only from your anger-prone forum members but the horrible reviews received.

We all expect to see a huge post/news item from the lead dev addressing the major issues with the game prior to the end of the 30 day mark.

As an Andorian, I kill forum trolls with a passion.

<ragefist>
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-21-2010, 11:23 AM
They've actually addressed quite a few concerns: server stability, server queus, problems with pre-order items, fixing graphical errors and revising confusing/misplaced mission text.

Just because they haven't fixed the issue YOU feel is most pressing doesn't mean they haven't fixed any at alll.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrys View Post
Cryptic,

We're closing in on the 30 day mark for that included month that alot of folks will most likely be making their decision whether to give this a go in the next 6 months or not. There is an amazingly huge amount of rage directed at realizing that we're paying for an extended beta. In true fashion, you have been silent to the concerns that have been voiced not only from your anger-prone forum members but the horrible reviews received.

We all expect to see a huge post/news item from the lead dev addressing the major issues with the game prior to the end of the 30 day mark.

As an Andorian, I kill forum trolls with a passion.

<ragefist>
There is plenty of info. There is topic here on first page regarding all dev responses and updates. I think you are overreacting. its not like as if there is zero communication.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
There is plenty of info. There is topic here on first page regarding all dev responses and updates. I think you are overreacting. its not like as if there is zero communication.
Cite the exact page(s) that have info regarding the major issues with the game, timelines for correcting it, and addresses what both reviewers and players are saying is a major lack of polish and content.

Sorry, I meant "zero substantive communications". Cryptic is notorious for having "we're working on it" posts that provide nothing. They are then forced only by a player revolt (i.e. CO paid expansion) into reversing their decision. We should not have to all revolt against something to make sure it is fixed and working properly.

That's what a beta is for. Bioware is an example of not releasing a game until it is polished. Sure there are patches, not daily and they make sure the game is COMPLETE.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrys View Post

That's what a beta is for. Bioware is an example of not releasing a game until it is polished. Sure there are patches, not daily and they make sure the game is COMPLETE.
Bioware has never created nor released an MMO, which, by definition, is never "complete".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Well also, silly posts like this one assume that people share your sentiment. They sold over a quarter million lifetime and annual subscriptions in prelaunch. So, by definition your argument is somewhat moot. That, and there's a nice dev tracker feature here on the forums that you can check to get this information.

So, allow me to translate the OP's concerns to a more common level:

"A GM/Dev has not spoken to ME and my concerns are what are important."

To the wind with the thousands of replies that are in the dev tracker. Am I right?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrys View Post
Cite the exact page(s) that have info regarding the major issues with the game, timelines for correcting it, and addresses what both reviewers and players are saying is a major lack of polish and content..

No. I do not have to point information directly to you, when you could have checked yourself.
Also, try the Dev Post section. That's the section that monitors dev posts.
In that section, you can see when a developer has said something in regards to the information you are looking for.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-21-2010, 11:38 AM
I am so waiting to get rid of all the whiners and noobs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrys View Post
Cite the exact page(s) that have info regarding the major issues with the game, timelines for correcting it, and addresses what both reviewers and players are saying is a major lack of polish and content.

Sorry, I meant "zero substantive communications". Cryptic is notorious for having "we're working on it" posts that provide nothing. They are then forced only by a player revolt (i.e. CO paid expansion) into reversing their decision. We should not have to all revolt against something to make sure it is fixed and working properly.

That's what a beta is for. Bioware is an example of not releasing a game until it is polished. Sure there are patches, not daily and they make sure the game is COMPLETE.

And you sir have no clue as to how software publishing works. The publisher decides when to launch a game... not the software developer. But hey, I guess it is easy to point the finger at the wrong people.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:22 PM.