> > > Hi Captains! The team continues to investigate an issue where some players may be stuck on a loading screen. We appreciate your continued patience! < < <
Jolan tru Captain!
Welcome to Legacy of Romulus!
If you have purchased a Legacy or Starter Pack, please see this thread for instructions on how to claim your items in-game. (Please see the yellow text in the linked thread for instructions on creating a Reman.) (Not seeing your pack in-game? Please see the lime-green text in the linked thread above for information.)
If you have additional questions about the Legacy or Starter pack, please read this FAQ.
Thanks SO MUCH for all your support, and we'll see you in-game!
- The Star Trek Online Team
"Login failed for unknown reason" error
Missing additional character slot for current/ lapsed Gold Members
Slow patching in the launcher
A bug that involved Romulan Liberated Borg captains and their skills once they chose an ally
1) This is not the largest IP in sci-fi, though its definately a front runner.
2) It will not 'fail' (depending on your definition). It will live on for many years, most likely hovering in the 300,000-ish active player range. Its a niche game (as soon as design considerations have to be made for a 3rd part IP, you are by definition in the niche realm), so it will have niche numbers.
3) Both Crytpic and Atari have already made a profit off this, it's a win for them no matter what.
4) Future sales will not depend on STO, if the SWG snafu didn't sink SOE, this will not sink Crytpic or Atari
5) I am no fanboi of either Cryptic (by a LONG shot, they make simple/shallow games and have very poor design standards) OR ST. You can see my post history for evidence of both of those. So there is no bias here either way.
STO will probably never be an MMO that grows in success or subscription numbers over the years like WoW has because it has already had such a dissapointing launch (and I don't mean the server issues... that's been minimal). Instead, I mean that the game is so unfinished and is getting brutalized by the mainstream game reviewers and on MMORPG and gaming forums everywhere. Where-as World of ******** was praised from the very beginning.