Lt. Commander
# 11 I think I know why
02-19-2010, 09:03 PM
I have AT&T internet and here is what I have noticed..

If I try to run a "Bit torrent" type of program my Dsl Modem drops my connection like rock.
Instantly almost.. it make it impossible to run any file downloading program that uses this
technology.

In the last week or so the exact same thing happens with Star Trek now.. I am assuming
they have changed they way they patch and it must trigger what AT&T has done to stop file
sharing by bit torrents.

I notice now my dsl connection Drops the second my Star Trek says "Patching" pow.. gone..

I have to turn off my dsl modem and reset it before I can get back on the internet..

I use my internet all day long with no problems until I run either Trek or a bit torrent...

So Now I just cant play at all.. because I can not Patch at all anymore.

I would have to change dsl providers to someone that does not block stuff like this.

Just do a goggle about this... you will see what I am saying is true.

Max Ferret
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFerret View Post
I have AT&T internet and here is what I have noticed..

If I try to run a "Bit torrent" type of program my Dsl Modem drops my connection like rock.
Instantly almost.. it make it impossible to run any file downloading program that uses this
technology.

In the last week or so the exact same thing happens with Star Trek now.. I am assuming
they have changed they way they patch and it must trigger what AT&T has done to stop file
sharing by bit torrents.

I notice now my dsl connection Drops the second my Star Trek says "Patching" pow.. gone..

I have to turn off my dsl modem and reset it before I can get back on the internet..

I use my internet all day long with no problems until I run either Trek or a bit torrent...

So Now I just cant play at all.. because I can not Patch at all anymore.

I would have to change dsl providers to someone that does not block stuff like this.

Just do a goggle about this... you will see what I am saying is true.

Max Ferret

Max, I've updated my posting to include a work around for you. Please look at the bottom section of the second post.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=118737
Lt. Commander
# 13 Problem Solved
02-21-2010, 02:42 PM
I had one of those Speedstream Modems listed..(I have had DSL for a few years.

I went to Best Buy and purchased the at&t Mortorola High Speed Dsl Modem model#2210-02

replaced the old speadstream with it... and now I can patch Star Trek with out the connection dropping
and freezing the modem.

Hey Thanks for the help, never would have thought it was my modem because it works fine for everything else. Probably solves a lot of other weird things as well.

MaxFerret
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFerret View Post
I had one of those Speedstream Modems listed..(I have had DSL for a few years.

I went to Best Buy and purchased the at&t Mortorola High Speed Dsl Modem model#2210-02

replaced the old speadstream with it... and now I can patch Star Trek with out the connection dropping
and freezing the modem.

Hey Thanks for the help, never would have thought it was my modem because it works fine for everything else. Probably solves a lot of other weird things as well.

MaxFerret
Some modems/routers only allow a certain number of connections. Once it reaches that limit, it basically chokes, and refuses to push anything through. There may be a small option you can change to increase the limit, or you may have to buy another router/modem.