Lt. Commander
# 21
02-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_86
Well my avatars an engineer, does that mesh well with a science ship? Once i get to admiral, i will be tarting around in my luna mostly...
When you look at what your engineering skills do compared to what science skills can do, I think science just has more benefits. You get Viral Matrix, Science Team, Feedback Pulse, Tachyon Beam, Polarize hull, etc... There are no engineering or tactical equivalents to these. With my engineers, I have "emergency power to shields" and "reverse shield polarity" as well as "emergency power to engines" and "extend shields". There's a lot you can do with engineers on ground missions, but in space they are out-classed by the science abilities. And tactical abilities are nearly superfluous with a science vessel since you can independently target enemy subsystems without training your tactical officer in those skills. And aside from different methods of unloading ordnance, they don't give you much to work with.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarine
I'm the opposite. I just take the 'Scan Anomalies', 'Investigate Base', 'Investigate Planet'. I love the Ground Combat & hate the Space Combat. Well, maybe not 'hate', but I think when I had my Galaxy it put me off Space Combat in a big way. Enemy Confrontations & 'Defeat 0/6 Enemy Squadrons I just hit the 'Abort' button & try again.

The Aid Planets are just a waste of time. If they sold the Commodities cheaper & nearer to the Clusters it probably would not be as bas, the Drop Rate for them is terrible & they just take up valuable Inventory space, so I just abort any of those.
I had to give up ground missions because the last patch dropped me to a BSOD half-way through the ground missions. Besides, the fighting space battles gives good drops to outfit the ship.