# 11
02-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Good bye and solong.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSunBird View Post
The only reason I can think of for anyone to make a post like this is because they are really, really concerned with everyone being informed of their opinion. I'm just informing them that I read their post and they have gotten the attention they seem to crave so much.

"Trolling" seems to mean whatever the person using the word wants it to mean. I'm not attempting to agitate people or start fights or drama, so I don't consider myself to be trolling. You obviously think differently, however.
Really?

So why do you never duly note the posts casting STO in a positive light?

Seems kind of rude that your only "duly noting" posts you disagree with.

Of course, you knew that already, I just wanted it to be as glaringly obvious to everyone else as it was to me.

Thanks for proving my point.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinhealer
Lol,1st mmo by any chance?

Less than 3 weeks out the door and you give this comment
Judging by your comment I would have to guess this is your first mmo. You see a mmo vet can see that this game is totally flawed, it's not about bugs or gloss, it's about core gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikotren
Really?

Of course, you knew that already, I just wanted it to be as glaringly obvious to everyone else as it was to me.

There are far more posts of this sort than the other, and those posts are largely in response to how many whine posts there are. Also, those are less "Hey, look at me look at me, I'm throwing a tantrum for attention," and more "Let's come together as a community that plans to continue to play a game we all like," so these are more annoying to me.

Note I said, "To me." Your mileage may vary.

However, I've no doubt you will continue to believe whatever you want about me, so go on ahead with that.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-21-2010, 06:51 PM
MMOs are the only games where someone can spend 60+ hours playing it and still complain that it sucked. lol.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanagrah
Judging by your comment I would have to guess this is your first mmo. You see a mmo vet can see that this game is totally flawed, it's not about bugs or gloss, it's about core gameplay.
Ok we going to do this?

Every mmo I have played in the last say 5 years it has had it's whiners,either about it's end game or the content to reach end game.

Now this always happens in the 1st month of release,it can also be about it's quest system.

All mmo's have there whiners saying the quest system is simply "go kill X amount of this" or "go and investigate this"

Yet people whine at release,I have yet to come across an mmo in my near 10 years of playing them that released with full content....and I know I never will.
Save me the "any mmo vet can see" nonsense as any mmo vet will see this as an mmo release.

The game core is there,it needs work and of course needs content,hell any mmo out for 8 years still needs content patching to keep its base.

With all this whining if they did ever release an mmo with all the content it will ever need I am sure players would whine"why do I pay for this when you never add new content"
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond_Burg
Well, congratulations. A major sci fi franchise with decades of content and resources has been pared down into a mediocre, arcade-like, repetitive shadow of what it could have been (can only guess, since this game is so empty its hard to imagine an alternative)

Have made it to Captain 9, and find myself just logging off mid mission because, this is strange, i've done this mission already, several times actually. Exploration is just the same basic missions with no change. The variations in scenery fooled me for a few weeks, but in the end the only way to fill games between story missions (shallow and poorly written "story" missions) is to grind exploration/fleet action/enemy contacts, or grind the pointless pvp for almost no reward.

Started a Klingon and got him to Lt commander 7, but its even worse over there. Can only grind the Khaless expanse so many times. Endless, pointless pvp for a pittance worth of skill points and badges that give you mediocre weapons aren't cutting it anymore.

I tried to like this, have been trying since OB, but this game is going absolutely nowhere fast and I can't keep pretending like it will be good anymore.

Paying customer, out.
I'm going to have to disagree with many of your points. Many of the story missions are downright stellar fun. I definitely wouldn't call them shallow and poorly written.

Secondly, I wasn't aware you were a paying customer yet. Last I knew, the 30-days wasn't up yet....

Thirdly, I honestly can't say the game launched with any less content from the previous MMO's I've participated in at launch. I get the distinct impression you haven't played many MMO's. I could be wrong however.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikotren
Really?

Why start an argument over something stupid?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSunBird View Post
However, I've no doubt you will continue to believe whatever you want about me, so go on ahead with that.
Considering your response to my thread http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=114307

Do you blame me?

I made criticisms and suggestions, both of which I have been asked to provide by the developers.
Sorry that the fact the game is not perfect is too much drama for you.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebi-Kumo View Post
Why start an argument over something stupid?
Why poke your nose in it if you think it's stupid to begin with?