Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I have a RA5 Tact and wanted to try something new (please no ďyou have no life comments, I am disabled so I have timeĒ. So this morning I made a new Science officer. I was doing the episodes just fine until I got to the mission where you have to talk to the miners and resolve their disputes. For the 1st time I tried this mission I didnít change my group settings and it was on Open Group. So I entered the system and I had 2 other players with me. We all went for the planet to beam down and start the Episode. We all talked to the miners and then went to the last guy to answer all the questions.

My mission said it was complete, and I could beam back to sector space. I did and when I looked at my Episode list, I noticed that the mission did not complete. So I just shrugged thought it was a glitch and re did the mission, but had the same results.

I then thought maybe itís because I am grouped up with other people that is causing this not to finish. I then went to team settings, and in the drop down box for Team settings I changed it to Closed Team. I then went to try to do the mining diplomatic mission again and again no such luck. I have tried everything I could think of, dropping the mission and getting it again, rebooting my computer, ect. And I still cannot complete this mission!

And why would you have players FORCED to group up to do the mining mission is beyond me! That should be a single player mission only. Being grouped with other people takes away the explore factor by 50-75%!! Itís just like when I would have to zone into a system to do a mission and itís already 3 to 4 out of 5 complete. I miss a good portion of what was said, why we are there and the gratification of doing the WHOLE mission.
I am not against teaming, but when it affects your gaming experience this much there is really something wrong and I really hope Crytpic reads this and fixes it as soon as possible!

Are there any others out there that have these same problems as I? Or am I really doing something wrong here? lol
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Good news! Tonight (13 hours later from when I first tried it) I entered the Beytan system again and it did NOT put me in a group. I went to the planet, talked to everyone, did the questions and it completed!!!

But the one question remains, is the option Closed Group working? Or is it still putting people into groups when you have the option set to closed?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2010, 11:50 PM
Ack had this problem AGAIN tonight with a diffrent Mission. I give up!