Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Warp Speed to No Where
02-22-2010, 08:16 AM
this thread has moved to general game play.... hope thats a better home, sorry to all 10 4wards.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-22-2010, 08:19 AM
Awesome read. Better than Faster Than The Speed Of Love.
Waiting for Warp Speed to No Where part 2.

But Chat has a question... Do they find each other again in part 2 and get married? Chat thinks we all want to know that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-22-2010, 08:33 AM
I'll admit that I'm a causal player and I enjoy STO. I'd never even noticed the things you were talking until...well you started talking about them. There seems to be a lot of problems with this game, on many different fronts. I sincerely hope that this thread will do well and will be read by someone who works with Cryptic...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobe1980 View Post
Thruster are broken and do not work..... 45 degree turning in space is a game killer
What? What 45deg turning? Do you mean speed? do you how much? I don't even know HOW you'd turn exactly 45 degrees in game.

Quote:
Physics broken... asteroids and other free objects can't be moved, full speed into an object does nothing. only debris has physics
Watch trek, generally asteroids nad other free objects are massive enough relative to the ship that flying into them just results int he ship going blewy (which they left out for fun factor)

Quote:
PVP doesn't mean battle grounds...... Absolutely no open PVP this is unheard of in Star Trek
In what star trek? This is the only start trek that would ever have the opportunity for PvP, you statement makes no sense?!

Quote:
Broken mechanics
When in Star Trek, did anyone not be able to warp because they were in combat?
Why target engines of a slow ship if you can't warp out?
Yes, but in star Trek if they went to warp without first extracting themselves from combat (engines disabled, etc) their enemy could FOLLOW them, we can't, so they took out that option to keep the game fun.

Quote:
Weapons are static to the owner and target(s).... no risk of jumping in front of a torpedos, beams, etc..
In a world of lag this is pretty much required, especially with the amount of graphics lag our weapons can generate on some systems.


Quote:
Warping backwards and in curves.... This again NEVER happens in Star Trek
Actually, warping backwards is a major plot point in the classic TOS episode "Balance of Terror" when the romulans fire a plasama Torpedo at the Enterprise and they reverse at warp speed to escape it. Also the Premier episode of The next Generation featured the Enterprise doing a full 180deg turn at warp.

Quote:
Impossible to Fail a mission!!! No Mission is fail-able, even if it says that u need to save someone or do something in time....... all missions are 100 percent passable with out risk or fail.
note... even in WOW, the escort dies if they took to much damage
This is about the only thing you say that I agree with. No risk, no real reward, IMHO.

Quote:
This thread will be monitored and edited to common sense
Edited by who? you can't do anything to our posts. This is a dumb statement.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian-Thorn View Post
I'll admit that I'm a causal player and I enjoy STO. I'd never even noticed the things you were talking until...well you started talking about them. There seems to be a lot of problems with this game, on many different fronts. I sincerely hope that this thread will do well and will be read by someone who works with Cryptic...
He posted it in a very much wrong section for it be read by someone from Cryptic... Just saying.
This belongs in either Star Trek Online Discussion or General Gameplay.
Of course there they would have been buried in about 2 seconds or less...


And still waiting on part 2!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Did somebody post a message in the discussion forums directing these knuckleheads to post here? "Hey, if you want to spout off about the state of the game, head over to Ten Forward!" Or maybe Ten Forward has achieved that magical number of posts where it looks like a lot of people read the forum, but not so many that your post will disappear off of the front page in a matter of moments.

Perhaps Ten Forward should embrace its new role with a catchy slogan, like:
"Ten Forward: Show Us On The Doll Where The Bad Game Touched You"

or

"Ten Forward: Tell Guinan About Your Butthurt"

or

"Ten Forward: We Serve Whine (and Saurian Brandy)"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieBot View Post
Ten Forward: Show Us On The Doll Where The Bad Game Touched You
There... He touched Chat there. *shows on a tribble*

Feels like the first part of your post. That they think it wont go byebye in 2 seconds if posted here.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Personally, I think this guy is an idiot troll.

His statements are vaguely worded, his grammar is poor, and he demonstrates little knowledge of the Trek universe.

But this line was the best:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobe1980 View Post
This thread will be monitored and edited to common sense
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Watch trek, generally asteroids nad other free objects are massive enough relative to the ship that flying into them just results int he ship going blewy (which they left out for fun factor)
I would have a lot more fun if I could the environment to outwit and screw up my opponents.

Quote:
In what star trek? This is the only start trek that would ever have the opportunity for PvP, you statement makes no sense?!
It makes perfect sense. In Star Trek, factions have borders which are tightly patrolled. There is no such thing as "arenas". A fight takes place on the spot.

Quote:
Yes, but in star Trek if they went to warp without first extracting themselves from combat (engines disabled, etc) their enemy could FOLLOW them, we can't, so they took out that option to keep the game fun.
You're absolutely right, but that only goes back to the problem mentioned above. If we could engage in battles in sector space, then the capacity to warp out during a fight wouldn't be a problem. If my opponent warped out, I'd just follow them in sector space and blow them up.

Quote:
Actually, warping backwards is a major plot point in the classic TOS episode "Balance of Terror" when the romulans fire a plasama Torpedo at the Enterprise and they reverse at warp speed to escape it. Also the Premier episode of The next Generation featured the Enterprise doing a full 180deg turn at warp.
And there are episodes where situations could have been easily avoided had ships simply turned during Warp speed. These rules are always bendable in Star Trek.

Quote:
Edited by who? you can't do anything to our posts. This is a dumb statement.
He was quite obviously talking about adjusting his original post according to developments in the thread.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10 really what are your facts
02-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Personally, I think this guy is an idiot troll.

His statements are vaguely worded, his grammar is poor, and he demonstrates little knowledge of the Trek universe.

But this line was the best:

It's like thinks he can edit what we say. Poor, foolish teenager. Hopefully since he won't be playing this game anymore he can use the extra time to study.
i have posted facts why things are as they appear in thread.... a troll is someone who bashes something to all people who pass by with no facts and no reason...

i paid to play this game and this is a forum to speak out.

my reason is that i want to play a Star Trek online game..... my facts have been stated above... please debate what u think is wrong and i will reply. if you just bash on people threads with no purpose other than to smear the op then you will be ignored. to bad to say eh?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:38 PM.