Lt. Commander
# 81
02-22-2010, 09:23 AM
The graphics would be much much worse, but well themed for their purpose. The game wouldn't be released for 3 more years yet, and the community would be filled with 20x as many idiots, proportionally speaking.
Lt. Commander
# 82
02-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qoojo
The graphics would be much much worse, but well themed for their purpose. The game wouldn't be released for 3 more years yet, and the community would be filled with 20x as many idiots, proportionally speaking.
Unfortunately, it would still have been released at the same time because it was a requirement of the contract.

Unless Blizz said f'it and bought out CBS to have more time.

I agree more with the people that said "if Blizz made it, I wouldn't play it" more than anything else so far.
Lt. Commander
# 83
02-22-2010, 10:10 AM
If blizzard made STO we would probably have open sector space with instanced planets you could actualy take your ship into (look at flying mounts) open planet areas with ground to air combat & planetry defenses - no need to change the wow engine for this it already does it.

Graphics would be more akin to SC2 rather than the dated cartoon look of Wow/Cox/Co and their would be more than just vendors their would be crafting (like it or not its a time sink)

Finally if blizzard did make STO i agree no-one but the devs would be playing it right now, 2012 ha if your lucky try 2014 minimum it takes them over 6 years from art work to actual game in most cases
Lt. Commander
# 84
02-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylix
it takes them over 6 years from art work to actual game in most cases
Which is why Blizzard wouldn't have gotten the IP in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 85
02-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Which is why Blizzard wouldn't have gotten the IP in the first place.
I think its more than just that the IP does need protecting so would never be given an open policy and the king of all MMO makers would never bow to a 3rd party on how to create or run an MMO both companies would laugh at the contract and kick each others lawyers to the curb

If the Star trek IP could achieve what wow has to the masses with that kind of income any company would be willing to wait 6 years so i think it was a little more than just time itself.