Lt. Commander
# 1 Report Spam Abuse!
02-22-2010, 09:33 AM
ANYONE can team up to report spam REAL playing members! a group of people can keep a REAL player silenced for as long as they like. Not being able to talk to team/fleet/tell makes you lmost useless. STO dont be so foolish to give normal players, the ability to silence REAL players.

GM support is so slow and bad. There basicly isnt any GM at all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Devs responded to this saying they are working on tuning this feature. They said there will be action taken against people abusing the report spam feature. They also said so far every slienced person has been justified by logs.

In short, quit spamming.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waninoko View Post
ANYONE can team up to report spam REAL playing members! a group of people can keep a REAL player silenced for as long as they like. Not being able to talk to team/fleet/tell makes you lmost useless. STO dont be so foolish to give normal players, the ability to silence REAL players.

GM support is so slow and bad. There basicly isnt any GM at all.
For a bunch of players to gang up on you like this you must have done something. I mean one or two players might just decide they dont like your name but if enough players spam reported you to get you silenced then you were real annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2010, 11:34 AM
This has come up a few times in the past, and each of those times it turned out to be not the "I wasn't doing anything and was minding my own business" original claim, but actually a "I was spamming fleet recruitments in zone chat but, but, but, that should be ok and I wasn't doing it that often and..."