Lt. Commander
# 11
02-21-2010, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
Yes and them turning blue wasn't cluing you in it was time to stop shooting them?

even if you stop firing your beams its still going to pulse and your still going to take damage during the 4 seconds of fire, you can't magically turn off your beams midfire. you can't do that with ANY weapon for that matter; well outside of leaving the firing arc which is surprisingly hard to do with beams.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
This is the point where the STENCH of their own inadequacies will come to light....

There will be no more excuses. The setups will be the exact same ships and slot setup v one another.

They won't be able to cry about CLOAK is OP or Universal BO stations being so powerful....

So they will cry about how unfair full impulse is in combat... and other WTF?!? Statements...
exactly this.
by the way: i got complaints about nearly everything. best one was, that my weapon proc procs . but he was so kind to inform me, that he reported me and i may enjoy my ban.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Ramone
best one was, that my weapon proc procs . but he was so kind to inform me, that he reported me and i may enjoy my ban.
heh don't worry, I've been called a "Cheater" once, and asked if I was a "Dev" twice. -_-
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Yeah i can see it now all the klingons will leave the game or reroll FED because they will get 1 fight every 3 hours and rather cut of there privates then to do 1 more nebula quest.

then 1 week later cryptics patches the game to remove klings from the game or they will finaly patch in some GD content!
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivaris View Post
Yeah i can see it now all the klingons will leave the game or reroll FED because they will get 1 fight every 3 hours and rather cut of there privates then to do 1 more nebula quest.

then 1 week later cryptics patches the game to remove klings from the game or they will finaly patch in some GD content!
Sigh ... ever noticed all those KvK queues we can join if there aren't any Feds available? I know it's a bit harder when you stand a chance of fighting against people who have a clue instead of the usual 5 random Feds, but what glorious battles we can look forward to!
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpsy
FBP 3 on a FvF... I'm on a sci ship with 4 beams on constant spam, by all means and purposes, and the way people advertise it on the forums I should be insta dead when people turn it on, quite the contrary, I rarely go below 90% - 80% hull with that ability.

Step 1 - Stop shooting - If possible move to get your target out of the firing arc of your own beams so it stops shooting faster.

Step 2 - Hazzard Emitters (I can't stress this enough)

Step 3 - Change target while keeping an eye on whoever popped FBP - once it's over, change target back and pewpew away.
Of course, it really matters is how much they've built for Feedback Pulse. If they took Feebkack Pulse I as an afterthought because they didn't like anything else at that tier and are running with Aux at 25%, you probably won't have any trouble with it (as I would expect from a Federation ship, as they don't really have much incentive to max FBP right now). If they have Feedback Pulse III, three consoles to buff Deflector Field, maxed Operations/Deflector/Deflector Field skill and 135% power in Aux (like many Klingon ships in higher-tier PvP who run it), you are going to feel it a lot more.

The other issue, as you mentioned, is that most Cruisers at tier 5 run nearly double the number of Arrays your ship does; they're also probably running higher power levels to weapons than your ship does, and might have an extra Tactical console slot (so +30 to whatever weapon type they're using, assuming they are an Assault Cruiser and you are a Deep Space Science Vessel).
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpsy
heh don't worry, I've been called a "Cheater" once, and asked if I was a "Dev" twice. -_-
Once we had a fed team call us hackers.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlfricDraka View Post
Sigh ... ever noticed all those KvK queues we can join if there aren't any Feds available? I know it's a bit harder when you stand a chance of fighting against people who have a clue instead of the usual 5 random Feds, but what glorious battles we can look forward to!
yeah last time i looked the entire KvK there were 0 klingons Qed in prime time i might add.
last time i qed in there at T5 i was in the Q for over 6 hours with no KvK game coming up.
so yeah i love all the glorious battles i got out of that KvK Q and dont be fooled not only the feds dont have a Clue what to do there are plenty of klingons 2.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Judging by the energy weapon power discussion there is no reason to not run all Turrets right now.

Even WITHOUT Feedback Pulse being in the game Turrets become a hard issue to decide on because of a lot of their advantages especially being 360degrees.

Honestly I think if FBP was just removed it wouldn't stop people from complaining about other Sci powers but it would certainly balance out the energy weapons a lot more.