Lt. Commander
Hey, I'm new to the STO world and I'm finding it hard to follow the quest progression path within the game.

As soon as i get to LT Com the quests start to dry up and i cant find any new "quest hubs" to obtain more.

I would really appreciate some feedback as to which route's (i.e. starbases etc) to follow in a progression to admiral.

Also am i thinking about this in the wrong way and should i be doing something else rather then looking for questing hubs?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Bump because i and a few of my friends now also need help.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Be sure to spend your points, as that affects your promotion status. What does that have to do with missions? They are based on your rank.

Also, be sure to visit people and places. Sometimes I have missed a quest giver, and have missed appropriat level missions. So, be sure to look around.

Most all your missions are grouped in catagories (Defend, Patrol,expedition, etc.). You will notice, the story arch missions are not grouped with the others, but with themselves.

The story arch missions are not repeatable, but can be redone with a friend who has them, or if you decide not to complete. Otherwise, they are do and done, get reward.

There are repeatable missions, Like the Deep Space Encounters/Defend missions. Those are what you are looking for, for advancement. Mind you they nerfed them, because they were being exploited. So, what you do, is grab the highest level, complete 3 rounds, collect reward, move onto next defend, rinse repeat. You can also do this with Explore missions.

Just because Cryptic wrote you a script to advance, does not mmean you have to follow thier pathing. They put those DSE's and Explores in, to fill our time, in between.... patches? lol.

And to answer your last question. There are hubs: Sol 1-20, K7 20's, MA 30's, DS9 40's. roughly.

Hope that helps. Just sit back, the game will show you where to go. The big question is... what do we do once we get there?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtiposed
Be sure to spend your points, as that affects your promotion status. What does that have to do with missions? They are based on your rank.

Also, be sure to visit people and places. Sometimes I have missed a quest giver, and have missed appropriat level missions. So, be sure to look around.

Most all your missions are grouped in catagories (Defend, Patrol,expedition, etc.). You will notice, the story arch missions are not grouped with the others, but with themselves.

The story arch missions are not repeatable, but can be redone with a friend who has them, or if you decide not to complete. Otherwise, they are do and done, get reward.

There are repeatable missions, Like the Deep Space Encounters/Defend missions. Those are what you are looking for, for advancement. Mind you they nerfed them, because they were being exploited. So, what you do, is grab the highest level, complete 3 rounds, collect reward, move onto next defend, rinse repeat. You can also do this with Explore missions.

Just because Cryptic wrote you a script to advance, does not mmean you have to follow thier pathing. They put those DSE's and Explores in, to fill our time, in between.... patches? lol.

And to answer your last question. There are hubs: Sol 1-20, K7 20's, MA 30's, DS9 40's. roughly.

Hope that helps. Just sit back, the game will show you where to go. The big question is... what do we do once we get there?
Really appreciate the reply, thank you very much.