Lt. Commander
# 1 Playing STO on more than 1 PC
02-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Hi,

I travel a lot with work, how can i get to play the game on my Laptop when i am out and about as well as my Games's PC when i am at home.

Many thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertinax View Post
Hi,

I travel a lot with work, how can i get to play the game on my Laptop when i am out and about as well as my Games's PC when i am at home.

Many thanks in advance.
simplest way would be to install the game and patch as normal
or
install the game on your laptop and copy over your desktop install to the location where you installed it on your laptop
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Just download the game client and install it on as many PC's as you want. It doesn't check on how many PC's your playing on, just if you're account is logged in (ex. you can only login on 1 PC at a time).
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2010, 09:43 AM
I have the Star Trek Online disk but when i try to install it it wants the key, when i input the key it says its allready being used.
i then tried to download the client but at 96K it would have taken forever to download.

im still stuck guys, what can i do ?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2010, 11:25 AM
See your other thread.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Please do not post multiple thread on the same topic. That is just rude.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertinax View Post
Hi,

Many thanks in advance.
Hate to say it, you are probably going to have to download the client again from this link if the Install DVD says that the key is in use.

I have STO installed on my desktop, media center PC and laptop.

I just copied the installer i downloaded to all 3 machines.

http://www.startrekonline.com/download
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elrabincougar View Post
Hate to say it, you are probably going to have to download the client again from this link if the Install DVD says that the key is in use.

I have STO installed on my desktop, media center PC and laptop.

I just copied the installer i downloaded to all 3 machines.

http://www.startrekonline.com/download
Please dont give out bad info. He doesnt need the key to install from dvd. Just press skip or whatever the button is called.

You can either install the game using the DVD, or install the game on one machine, and copy the entire folder across to another.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Yeah I installed from my disk on my laptop and did not need to re-enter any code. Your account is really activated online.

For example my brother can run his account on my computer using the same install as mine just enters his account name and pw at the launch.
We can even both log in at the same time on this same computer (each to our own account) of course only one view can be operated with one keyboard at a time. LOL

If I try to run a 2nd instance of my own account - the 2nd one will not open. That is you can't run the same account at the same time - even if you use different computers.

afaik - all mmo's work that way.