Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
I'm at a cross roads right now. I've put full points into plasma beams. Now that I am at level cap I found the antipolaron beams. I'd love to buy them with my saved up exploration points, but I'm not sure it's worth it. Should I save up for those nice purple ship items, or take a chance on antipolaron beams and hope there better than the plasma even though I have 9 points in Plasma? I might have saved back if I had known that the only purple beams in the game are antipolaron. Please help
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2010, 03:35 AM
The beam weapons are all powerful at last rank, its a misconception that the last ones you get, anti protons i believe are better than the rest, they all have different uses and procs, some are better for pvp some for pve, Same with torpedoes quantum and photon great for pvp, but plasma bad for pvp, but plasma is available higher up, so new guys think its better. They are all situational, but the lower ranked stuff cost less skill points, and since you only have the skill points at admiral level to fill 1.7 skills, getting full spec in last teir might gymp you, unless you really understand whats what.

( i hope they give us trailblazers a respec lol)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2010, 05:11 AM
Know what I've done?

I've researched, and planned, and Got a route I want to take. I am gathering resources towards that goal. However, i have not spent a single admiral skill point nor any of my daily marks/badges etc. Why? Because, no rush. Once raidisodes comes out.. I figure the daily rewards will be finalized. If they add more, and you spend now.. you might regret. If you wait, and then you spend, will have peace of mind when you do.

Antiprotons are very nice however. I like the bypass shield aspect of them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcatter
I'm at a cross roads right now. I've put full points into plasma beams. Now that I am at level cap I found the antipolaron beams. I'd love to buy them with my saved up exploration points, but I'm not sure it's worth it. Should I save up for those nice purple ship items, or take a chance on antipolaron beams and hope there better than the plasma even though I have 9 points in Plasma? I might have saved back if I had known that the only purple beams in the game are antipolaron. Please help
Whatever you are specced for are the best weapons. If you are specialized in energy+beams+plasma, for example, a white plasma beam array MKX will do more damage than a purple antiproton beam array MK X. So don't worry, you can stick with plasma weapons. Cryptic was just lazy/stupid to hand out purple weapons of only one energy type, that's all.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephane
Whatever you are specced for are the best weapons. If you are specialized in energy+beams+plasma, for example, a white plasma beam array MKX will do more damage than a purple antiproton beam array MK X. So don't worry, you can stick with plasma weapons. Cryptic was just lazy/stupid to hand out purple weapons of only one energy type, that's all.
Sounds good... I'll just wait for the purple plasmas then. Thanks for all the replies.