Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 51
02-22-2010, 08:01 AM
So you walked out on the check and you wonder why they won't let you in the next day.

The bouncers should beat you up but instead they just don't let you in, so you can consider yourself lucky.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-22-2010, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awarkle View Post
no mmo guarentees that your toon will remain on file, remmeber each toon takes up storage space if they hit capacity on their servers they are going to rather delete inactive accounts to allow new ones.

Ive not heard of any mmo doing this but they all state that if they need to they will.
Actually not true... my email I received from Cryptic clearly stated that when I wish to re-sub, my characters would be here waiting for me.

Side note: WoW, your characters are never deleted, and frankly, keeping info on your character does not take up that much space on their character servers. I see no reason why any MMO would have any issues maintaining your characters indefinitely.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisdead View Post
So you walked out on the check and you wonder why they won't let you in the next day.

The bouncers should beat you up but instead they just don't let you in, so you can consider yourself lucky.

No, I already paid for the meal before I even went in the restaurant; the meal was supposed to be free.

It's the "lifetime buffet" contract I tore up, because I knew I'd get sick of the food if I tried to eat it every day. So I decided to instead, just stop in and eat when the mood arose. However, they kicked me out before I could finish that first meal.

And now, the restaurant apparently won't even let me buy a single meal there anymore. No big deal right now, as I've eaten everything on their menu (only takes a few weeks if you have a manly appetite).

Though they're supposed to be making some new dishes 45 days after opening... (makes me think they're weren't quite ready to open when they did). So long as I can stop in and sample the food by then, I'll be happy.

If not, I'll go eat somewhere else.

Lt. Commander
# 54
02-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Dialed the number in the OP's post.

Got a friendly fellow on the line after about 10 minutes. Informed him I would like to cancel my lifetime sub.

He asked for my account name.

I gave it.

He informed me he would activate a priority ticket on my account to have my lifetime sub refunded.

I thanked him for his courteous service and asked if it would take several business days for the refund to go through.

He said yes.

I thanked him again and bid him good day.

Let the giving of free stuff COMMENCE!

Edit: Thank you OP for providing a method that finally works to getting a LTR.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Exactly why I brought it up. Even games that don't have subs deleted characters.
O.o

how did they ever delete characters if you stopped playing and suspended your main account? NCSoft never did that to my knowledge.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callasan View Post
WHAT reamining time if you canceled a LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION?

You think Cryptic's gonna let you flay free forever?

No, they're within their right - most of the people here fail reading comprehension, in that you canceled a LTS(LifeTime Subscription)

It says so un your orignial post.

Now, you're here crying why, again?
30 days to play upon purchase of box there, tough guy
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Just forwarded this to the director of customer service.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-22-2010, 04:56 PM
I have investigated this somewhat, and I see that your issue has been resolved by the billing department. As such, I'm closing this thread. Thank you!
Closed Thread