Lt. Commander
# 11
02-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Looking forward to finally getting my correct TOS and Mirror Universe female uniforms! Woo Hoo!

Um...that is in the patch right?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfhearder1979
Living in the UK i still don't get how 11am to 1pm is primetime for playing games in the EU, i mean as it has been said before either everyone is at work or at school, and people who whine about not being able to play for 2 hours need their priorities checking.

Anyways thanks for the heads up about the D/T, maybe this patch will make the ground grenades actually show again amongst other things.
I don't get it either. Only ones this affects in primetime would be those down under and probably the far east.

And as someone said, Cryptic, it would be nice to get the notes early so we can woohoo on what is coming. lol
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-22-2010, 06:34 PM
I get to take the shaft for their downtime all the time just like in EVE. 8PM-10PM every time, thanks. How about shuffling you down times around a bit so your not just screwing us in eastern Asia and down under.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Tuesday, 23, February from 3am to 5am (11am to 1pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.
EVERYBODY CHANT WITH ME!

T2 BATTLE-CRUISER!
T2 BATTLE-CRUISER!
T2 BATTLE-CRUISER!
T2 BATTLE-CRUISER!

(More Fed Smashing Fun! )
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-22-2010, 06:58 PM
playing mmos now for 10 years i have come up with a Solution to Patch day down time game play loss

Go buy a non online single player game you like .. ONLY play it on patch days save it as your patch day game .
This gives you something to fill the hours of waiting and maybe even let you take a break from the Grind that is MMo lvling.

Heres hoping for some New C-store content that is worth buying.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-22-2010, 07:06 PM
every reply to a dev post has some lamn ideas for patching come on uniforms and bo stuff has nothing to do with game play. Also for the last time they are in pst time zone and lowest server load community wide is 3-5am sorry that you lose two hours at least they have made the game so stable that the server only crashes on a rare bug not everyday 2 or 3 times a day like it was early on.They have done a wonderful job on fixing and adding content with all the pressure they are under. cut them some slack and keep cryptic keep up the good work.

and if someone wants to start quoting me and has something lame to add grow some balls contact me in game. the devs have better things to do than have the little troll boys cry day in and day out. this is not wow this is not eve. this is StarTrek online if you dont like the way they work for the good of the server than jump ship go back to playing wow and eve you sucked there and cried there so bug off and keep the posts postive to the devs.

Thanks again Devs for not getting distressed over little troll posters have a great week and lets kick the borg where it hurts -/\-
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-22-2010, 07:28 PM
I have the patch notes right here:

Quote:
- increased server stability (they didn't really but it sounds good if they just stick it in the patch notes anyway because nobody will be able to tell either way)
- small meaningless bug fixed
- removed borg and undine from more un-borg/undine missions (even though like I keep saying you need to make unique SPECIFIC borg/undine exploration mission encounters and not rely on the junk that's already there for klingons/other generic races because NONE OF THEM FIT THE BORG OR UNDINE!
the broken fleet actions still won't be working but the quests will still be there. the PVP daily will still be broken, the Borg encounter daily will still be missing after appearing only for a single day and then vanishing. Bridge officers still won't be able to equip the new epic antiproton ground weapons. still no end game content and the borg/undine exploration missions will still not make sense. my female human and andorian bridge officers uniforms will still be bugged in that my commbadge colour and my rank pips colours are linked together and change to whatever I change the other one to.

the list goes on.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
I have the patch notes right here:

the broken fleet actions still won't be working but the quests will still be there. the PVP daily will still be broken, the Borg encounter daily will still be missing after appearing only for a single day and then vanishing. Bridge officers still won't be able to equip the new epic antiproton ground weapons. still no end game content and the borg/undine exploration missions will still not make sense. my female human and andorian bridge officers uniforms will still be bugged in that my commbadge colour and my rank pips colours are linked together and change to whatever I change the other one to.

the list goes on.
wow, if this is true...there is no more reason to play this.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-22-2010, 08:34 PM
All I know is it better be Raidisodes and Respecs or see ya bye!

It's time to add these as promised. Not gonna pay 15 bucks next week just so I can do 1 daily quest at end game.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfhearder1979
Living in the UK i still don't get how 11am to 1pm is prime time for playing games in the EU, i mean as it has been said before either everyone is at work or at school, and people who whine about not being able to play for 2 hours need their priorities checking.

Anyways thanks for the heads up about the D/T, maybe this patch will make the ground grenades actually show again amongst other things.
I'd have to agree with you 100%. I live in the EU (Sweden), which means these downtimes are between Noon and 2PM for me. I would consider "prime time" to be anytime after 6PM until perhaps Midnight. Anyone who thinks that 11AM to 1PM is "prime time in EU" needs to get their priorities in order.

Just because you occasionally experience downtime, is not the end of the world. Go read a book, watch a movie, hell just go outdoors for a walk or something. Don't need to constantly sit at computer.

Hope to see an extensive patch notes entry. Hopefully more meaningful fixes other than "server optimizations".
Closed Thread