If you have purchased a Legacy or Starter Pack, please see this thread for instructions on how to claim your items in-game. (Please see the yellow text in the linked thread for instructions on creating a Reman.) (Not seeing your pack in-game? Please see the lime-green text in the linked thread above for information.)
If you have additional questions about the Legacy or Starter pack, please read this FAQ.
Thanks SO MUCH for all your support, and we'll see you in-game!
- The Star Trek Online Team
"Login failed for unknown reason" error
Missing additional character slot for current/ lapsed Gold Members
Slow patching in the launcher
A bug that involved Romulan Liberated Borg captains and their skills once they chose an ally
Some characters were stuck in a loading screen with a "Server Not Responding" message
Ok so, I've recently gotten a new laptop with Windows 7. So far it's been pretty a-ok, with a few problems connecting my wireless connection previously. But with that taken care of, I was looking forward to some well needed star trek online. However, I've been having a huge amount of problems maintaining a stable connection in the game. Here's what's been happening.
- I log in, I can get past the Login server and account server, I can even pick my character. But it often gets stuck on Retrieving Maps.
- If I choose to instead make a character, I get the three options as normal. No tooltips load at all.
- If I do manage to log into the game, there is a very likely chance that if I appear in space. I'll appear with absolutely no power to any systems, no shields, no impulse or warp capacity, but I can still access my menu, see system messages, and even turn my ship. I cannot move from the current position I'm in. The game won't DC me if I get stuck like this, I have to exit and try again.
- If I do manage to log into the game, there is a very likely chance that if I appear on ground. My avatar won't spawn and instead I'll be able to float around whatever map I am on, NPCs and other players will still move along and do their business as per usual. I can float up to them, click on them, even view their info. But nothing pops up. I will DC within 30 seconds if this happens.
- Rarely, I'll pop into the game. Everything will look normal, I'll have power to my systems and be able to access mission menus. But still be unable to move.
- In all three of these random occurrences, I cannot access the chat server.
- Loading times are very long, and have a high probability to disconnect me.
- If I manage to get past ALL these hurdles, I can play the game for several hours no problem. No lag, no disconnects, nothing. But the moment I try to change characters or log off. The problems begin to occur again once I try to get back on.
So, I ask thee techie trekkies. What's happening?!
It cannot be my router, ISP, or anything along those lines, because I've been having absolutely fantastic, if not faster internet connection on this computer than previously. I rarely ever disconnect from my wireless setup and if I do, a quick power cycle fixes that.
Time of this report: 2/22/2010, 12:26:39
Machine name: DANIELL-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gateway
System Model: NV59
BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3956MB RAM
Page File: 1564MB used, 6346MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.