Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
Where does this magical "45 day" time table come from? Seriously, is there a link? I would like to see it.
I don't have a link handy. It is just something the devs have been saying long before release. Post release they plan to release massive content patches roughly every 45 days.

They did something similar with City of heroes and villains. Every several months they would do a massive "issue" patch. They did this instead of releasing a big expansion every year, and it was free.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
I just want more/better PvP.

Some deathmatch maps and a couple buggy / non-intuitive capture maps doesn't cut it. Queue bugs and ground combat issues aren't helping matter.

If I wanted PvE content, I'd level my Fed. Why anyone wants Klingon PvE is beyond me (have you not played Cryptic's PvE? It's not that exciting.)
QFT

I'd like to see something PvE from Cryptic more exciting than killing static spawns of the same ol' over and over again... but that's all they did in CoH, that's all they did in CO, and that's all they did in STO.

So more PvP! I think that will be the salvation of this game, if they just add some decent PvP. A CTF map would be a good start.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-22-2010, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by viiiager View Post
The way I see it, Cryptic has exactly three weeks left until a TON of us take off (Fed and Klingon alike). While I hate generalizing from my own experience, I see no reason to continue playing now that I've got a BG and a RA, and the key thing is that my "one month free" time is going to expire in early/mid-March. No way I'm going to put more cash up while Cryptic develops this half-finished game.

Anyway, tl;dr key point: one month "free" time is going to expire in early March, so expect desertion in droves around that time unless some major content comes out.
They just need to remove the skill point cap at RA / BG and allow earning of skill points for all available skills in game....

That buys them some small amount of time to fix the rest...