Lt. Commander
# 221
02-23-2010, 03:21 AM
its now...are the nots out yet...has anyone bother to look...idk, i am gonna sleep soon...only +3 to pac, and i am second shift....tommorow night..day...what ever...looks good "))
Lt. Commander
# 222
02-23-2010, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2orat
Expect a video sometime in early March showing some of the new content being made - it's a mix of behind the scenes footage of dev's working on new STO content as well as in game video captures of the new content.

NOTE (yes I am going to say it twice) NOTE: this video will be reflecting "content under development" and not just some of the 45 day content.

How is that for an answer - we will show you some of the content...

hmmm better hope there is klingon stuff in there......
Lt. Commander
# 223
02-23-2010, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGSHender View Post
Congratulations, you just summed up the business model of every MMO on the market. And technically, they would make exactly one month's subscription if everyone waited until the 45 day update--your first 30 are free.
Yes well i think this is brilliant ... as companies who produce single player games only get you to buy the box at $49 .... But this way they get you to pay for the box that an extra bit for say 1-3 month which equal double numbers.

So yea it is more profitable to do things this way .... COOL HEY
Lt. Commander
# 224
02-23-2010, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
They said they would give us them (including the female ones) if we paid 10 bucks extra for the Digital download. They gave us one mens shirt. Then after 2 weeks of complaints they finally gave us one simple skirt that Looks NOTHING like the female TOS uniform. Then said the game engine was not capable of doing it. Even though quite a few posters provided proof that it was in fact possible.
First of all, the Original series uniforms were one shirt, just in different colors. Second of all, I've seen the pants. They are tucked into the boots, and those aren't the wrath of Khan pants (which I have). So they did give you the complete Original Series costume, and there were women on TOS that wore pants. Majel Barrett in her first appearance for example. They added the skirt later, but they did add it. So what you're really complaining about is that Cryptic heard the wishes of it's players as voiced on the forums and pushed that concern to the front of the development list even over actual bug fixes. As for the post you refer to, no one knows what their engine can and cannot do until they work with it. Anything else is, at best, an educated guess.
Lt. Commander
# 225
02-23-2010, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
The tops for the female uniform are different and they do not mesh with the skirts at all and the skirt even as a separate piece doesn't look correct. In short they look NOTHING like it should.
I've seen several that look great. I think you may be uncovering the problem with the engine that you don't believe in. It just may be that the skirts have trouble scaling to different body sizes/shapes.
Lt. Commander
# 226
02-23-2010, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJLogan75 View Post
First of all, the Original series uniforms were one shirt, just in different colors. Second of all, I've seen the pants. They are tucked into the boots, and those aren't the wrath of Khan pants (which I have). So they did give you the complete Original Series costume, and there were women on TOS that wore pants. Majel Barrett in her first appearance for example. They added the skirt later, but they did add it. So what you're really complaining about is that Cryptic heard the wishes of it's players as voiced on the forums and pushed that concern to the front of the development list even over actual bug fixes. As for the post you refer to, no one knows what their engine can and cannot do until they work with it. Anything else is, at best, an educated guess.
Sorry, you gotta wait untill next month...its not at the top of the list....lol, just j/k
Lt. Commander
# 227
02-23-2010, 03:31 AM
and if they don;t fix it....you should get refunded, and play forever for free....lololol
Lt. Commander
# 228
02-23-2010, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStreaker
They have given a lot of love to Star Trek and it shows so far.

There is enough here to give the 45 day patch time to work its magic.
Sreaker for once I agree with you. Content is one thing that can be added for years to come, but drastci gameplay changes are another thing. The best thing about STO is the solid gameplay engine. I couldn't be more pleased with the amount of customization available between your character, ship and BO's when it comes to skills, gear, and ship systems. It's genius!
Lt. Commander
# 229
02-23-2010, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStreaker
They have given a lot of love to Star Trek and it shows so far.

There is enough here to give the 45 day patch time to work its magic.
what are you smoking? i defo need some if you think they given a lot of love to this game
Lt. Commander
# 230
02-23-2010, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrexus
Sreaker for once I agree with you. Content is one thing that can be added for years to come, but drastci gameplay changes are another thing. The best thing about STO is the solid gameplay engine. I couldn't be more pleased with the amount of customization available between your character, ship and BO's when it comes to skills, gear, and ship systems. It's genius!
are you been serious or jsut sarcastic?