Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-23-2010, 06:59 AM
FvF is the only way I can see to lower Federation queue times, and when assumed to be holodeck simulations presents no issues with Star Trek canon.

The Klingon players that don't have a T5 Federation character don't understand what we face just to get some matches going. The last game I was in was a few days ago; I waited ~45 minutes for the queue to pop, only to get into a 5v0 map. This has happened multiple times before, and I'm kind of sick of it. Still, this time I went ahead and stayed in the map, staring at the screen and talking to some of the other guys on the Federation side. I waited like this for something like 6-8 minutes, and we still had 0 Klingons in the game. I then alt tabbed and read the forums for another ~5 minutes before once again checking on the PvP match - lo and behold we now have 5 Klingons, and multiple deaths on the Federation side. Turns out, all 5 Klingons are in the same fleet in a premade, and apparently some of the Federation players had gotten bored and left; so we basically had 3 guys feeding them focus-fire kills until the match ended at 15-0.

Would YOU really want to spend ~1 hour between games, just to have a lot of them end up like that? Having bad PUGs is expected, and when you're getting games with minimal wait times they aren't that big of a deal. Most of the time in pre-T5 games, I didn't have to wait more than maybe 5-10 minutes for a game, and some were basically instant. At Rear Admiral, it's a whole new ballgame, and is not in the least bit fun. I don't want to wait 30-60 minutes for every single game, even ones during PRIME TIME hours. Sure, I can go run missions while waiting, and then I can decide if I want to lose 20 minutes worth of mission progress to take that queue that just popped. And if I do take that queue, I have to cross my fingers and hope that there's actually a Klingon team to fight, and not more waiting.

FvF needs to be implemented asap, and it needs to award the exact same points, medals, and credits as FvK does.