Lt. Commander
I just want to shake you Cryptic/Dev/atari. Time to wake up and get in gear, do what needs to be done. Spend the money on the dev if need be, give them fat bonues to stay late and work over time, get this game right and you'll get your cash back 10 fold
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2010, 08:07 AM
I'm sure they probably already are working OT. There is just so much that needs fixing that they cannot get to it all at once.

The dreaded word "wait" is all we can do if we plan on sticking this game out.

I know it is frustrating as heck sometimes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbleskin View Post
I just want to shake you Cryptic/Dev/atari. Time to wake up and get in gear, do what needs to be done. Spend the money on the dev if need be, give them fat bonues to stay late and work over time, get this game right and you'll get your cash back 10 fold
I think that they are waiting for Atari to give them their check from all the sales at D2D and others. Not to mention it might take a few for the check(s) to clear.

But don't worry, you will never get what you want. There really is no point in them adding more content so they can keep making money. Fixing bugs is pointless cause that won't make customers happy. And addiding new things recommended by players is laughable, cause they could care less. They honestly could care less if everyone left and no one bought the game anymore.

They alraedy made their money, they don't need subscriptions to make more, that would be ponitless.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Are you really going to post 5-6 such threads per day? I agree, but... it's a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
get this game right and you'll get your cash back 10 fold
Quote:
Activated Features
Star Trek Online - Preorder
Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscription
Except from you. You've paid for the game, and have a lifetime subscription. They have no reason to make you happy, they've gotten all the money they can reasonably expect to get from you. They don't need to worry about making YOU happy until they're trying to sell you an expansion, if they bother trying to sell an expansion, as opposed to just introducing smaller content releases for free.

They need to work on it, but I have no reason to believe they're not. As i've said before, they're not Q, they actually have to sit down and do this work, and that's going to take time. Unless you give me pictures of the devs partying in Maui, I have faith that they're doing their jobs and we just have to wait for them, to finish.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Every indication right now is that everything is going pretty much as planned for STO. At this point I would expect (and hope) Cryptic is monitoring these forums looking for specific things players like and don't like. While there's nothing really wrong with this post there is nothing really useful about it either. It is way to vague and will probably just be ignored by staff. And since we are supposed to stay on topic we can assume the entire thread will be pretty much ignored.

I have no idea what the OP wants based on the post. Changes to ship designs? Night elves? These posts seem to assume that everything the people posting don't like is broken and Cryptic should know about it simply because the people posting know what they don't like. And assuming it is broken because you don't like it can be a big mistake. For instance, there is a thread right now complaining about Deep Space Encounters because you often get ganked as soon as you zone in. But I suspect this was an intentional design decision to give more of a spontaneous feel to DSE. If people post here in support of the OP assuming DSE are broken and they want to get them fixed they would be wasting their time if Cryptic feels that's the way they should work. However if you posted in a thread like the DSE one at least Cryptic would know what you actually don't like.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Violence is not logical!
Game... its a game. They will fix it! I just dont think they realised the damand would be so high!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoyedtheshows
I think that they are waiting for Atari to give them their check from all the sales at D2D and others. Not to mention it might take a few for the check(s) to clear.

But don't worry, you will never get what you want. There really is no point in them adding more content so they can keep making money. Fixing bugs is pointless cause that won't make customers happy. And addiding new things recommended by players is laughable, cause they could care less. They honestly could care less if everyone left and no one bought the game anymore.

They alraedy made their money, they don't need subscriptions to make more, that would be ponitless.
I would recommend taking a few courses in basic business concepts before posting about such matters.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Maybe the $20 mil bonus check from Atari bounced Or maybe their bank is holding the deposit until it clears ?

I have been surprised by some things Ive heard from the devs, like having the sunday on the first weekend after launch, or presidents day off only a week after launch when players were being quite vocal about issues and missing content. Seemed a bit like Nero fiddling imo (if Im remembering wrong, I apologize Cryptic folks). They seemed to have improved somewhat since then but at the same time the devs presence in the forums and the improvements havent been overwhelmingly stellar. IMO the devs shouldve been hard to the grinder for the first few weeks after the launch, no time off. Just IMO again but I feel if you are seirous about supporting your game thats what youd do.

UO was my last MMOG which I left in 2005-2006 and I can tell you the devs were quite active there, discussing changes/fixes, having weekly talks with the players (Five on Friday anyone?) and even just chiming in on general convos. The devs would argue with players over preferred game mechanics, and they did it in a way that even if you didnt agree with them, at least their reasoning was clear. They also had a dedicated web rep who fielded 80% of the complaints rather than devs directly. Thats all the person did so they were there all the time.

I kinda get the impression that somehow they are surprised by the sudden success and werent prepared for it, or that it was rushed for deadline reasons and dont have the staff to ramp it up quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
I would recommend taking a few courses in basic business concepts before posting about such matters.
I thought his post was funny so I was assuming sarcasm was intended.