Lt. Commander
# 1 patch notes??
02-23-2010, 01:49 PM
why are the patch notes NEVER updated when a patch is applied.... or for that mater.. why don't the get updated before we see the patch.. so we know what is coming.. or what was just applied...

game was patched almost half a day ago now.. and no update? and this has been every time there has been a patch..

yes i do read them.. i like to know what was fixed before possibly reporting a bug.. that may have supposedly been fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Ask and you shall receive!

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/1163
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2010, 01:57 PM
They can be found here: http://www.startrekonline.com/release_notes

Normally they can also be found by logging into the launcher and clicing "release notes" although mine atm still just shows the patch notes from the 19th
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2010, 01:58 PM
I hear that, i would like to know what was going on, even if it was just a short paragraph.

That, and id like to be able to play after patches. Iv'e consistently had issues playing after every patch for about 5 -24 hours where I just can't seem to play >_<, but thats another issue for another thread.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwan View Post
why are the patch notes NEVER updated when a patch is applied.... or for that mater.. why don't the get updated before we see the patch.. so we know what is coming.. or what was just applied...

game was patched almost half a day ago now.. and no update? and this has been every time there has been a patch..

yes i do read them.. i like to know what was fixed before possibly reporting a bug.. that may have supposedly been fixed.
If you had said why arent the patch notes up for last nights patch this would be reasonable but since they MOSTLY update the notes after a patch is applied this post falls into the should be deleted category.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadel View Post
If you had said why arent the patch notes up for last nights patch this would be reasonable but since they MOSTLY update the notes after a patch is applied this post falls into the should be deleted category.
ok.. let me give you a scenario.. your boss tells you to do something on your office computer.. then send him a confirmation that you did it.. so you do what your boss asked you to do... now.. when are you going to send him the confirmation.. a day later.. two days later... what about.. right after you do it..

i cant see it as hard to either update the "patch release notes" forum topic.. or the "patch release notes" tab on the launcher

i checked both of those before i posted here..

not trying to sound mean or anything... just wondering WHY it takes so long.

also .. a thank you for the people who posted where i could find them.. though i have NO idea how you found that URL.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwan View Post
also .. a thank you for the people who posted where i could find them.. though i have NO idea how you found that URL.
the "release_notes" one is found by clicking support on the main site page and choosing release notes

On longer patch notes it's just a summary of key patch details

The "node" one is found by clicking that summary and is the full patch notes