Lt. Commander
We should not have to pay for the damages to our computers? It is a faulty product and causes damage to computers that we rely upon for uses outside gaming. The cost of the game and subscription is minimal compared to the costs in damages. I have received a full refund for lifetime gaming membership (without any argument) because they know what damages are being done. I'm in process to get a refund for the game purchased from GameStop; a complaint has been filed that there are problems. Why should we have to pay for the monetary losses due to damages to our graphic cards and other hardware? The loss in inconvenience created by this is more than enough. Who is with me? I am considering talking to a lawyer. When it is on this degree, it is a faulty product and they bear a very large share of the culpability.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Depending on how old your graphics card is, you might still be under warranty. I had a two month old graphics card that worked with every game and program I threw at it until this game but the manufacturer accepted the return with absolutely no issues. I'm sorry you had troubles with STO as I did, it sucks to not be able to play it easily! (or at all)
Lt. Commander
# 3 Whats going on?
02-23-2010, 01:17 PM
What video card brands is this occuring with? ATI?

I have a ATI 3850 and I keep going black screen after a 1/2 hour or so , and Im running CPUfan to lower case temp on all my games.
This is the ONLY game Im having issues with.

Bioshock and Mass Effect raise temps but not as bad like STO
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm with you! No sooner then 10 minutes out of the box this game somehow managed to acquire an aluminum baseball bat and proceeded to bludgeon my rig into a metal, plastic and silicone heap. What did I ever do to you, Cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxJustice

I have a ATI 3850 and I keep going black screen after a 1/2 hour or so , and Im running CPUfan to lower case temp on all my games.

I don't know about anyone else but for me it was an NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT. BSOD as soon as I tried to play. Nothing else has even tickled this card but STO killed it instantly. It's too bad as the game did seem to be really fun before it started to fry all my systems.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxJustice

Bioshock and ME are nowhere near as graphics intensive as this game, with reference to the sheer amount of detail that needs to be drawn in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 7 my card
02-23-2010, 04:05 PM
I have an ATI 4650 card and it runs great....the computer has an i7 processor and I am actually overclocking it with their overdrive software and it is stable with no crashes....I am running Vista 64 bit version.