Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Considering you think only APO breaks of tractor, i call you a noob and use the famous L2P argument !
And I call you illiterate, because if you read my post you'd have seen me mention what I have, why I have it. I mention APO because it's bull that a cruiser can't get a tactical BO higher than LT.

Yeah, I RSF, RSPx2, Eng Team, Sci Team, Aceton Field 3, have 3 turrets back, 3 DHC in the front and a quantum launcher. What I am talking about here is all the rampant out of freaking control CC in this game. Giving up RSP for PH isn't a game breaker but I consider RSP more valuable. The bottom line is there is too much CC, and the Feds have more of it and easier access to it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proletariat12
Then the gap flips again and the Klinks dominate T5.
hmmmm, unless, I take my Vor'Cha into Tier 5, which I hope to do, even though I know I'll be at least slightly under powered.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconnaise
It doesn't since feds get the best ships and slots so organized fed team > klingon organized. Pugs are hit or miss depends on what ships are there and how much healing is going on. The facts are feds can support much better than klingons doesn't matter if you have cloak or a carrier.
Exactly.

The problem is that with so many more Fed players coming in the matches, and as the faction dies less and less Klingons all the time (not to mention that these sad maps are pretty much all we have to do to squeeze any enjoyment out of the game), the Fed pugs run into organized Klingon groups more often. So then the Fed pugs tend to get beat. Then they QQ about us being overpowered, the devs (that obviously don't play the game) listen to the QQing, and we get nerfed more or the Feds get buffed more. It's all getting really stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheldor9

I won't elaborate more because I'm too ****ed off. Suffice to say Feds, any crying you do in the lower tiers you may as well just let it go, because it means nothing. The disparity between the two factions is literally light years apart, and it's in Starfleet's favor.
Well, if these same feds would go back and play t1 pvp, they would win. Amazing what knowledge of the game does for you.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digglez
find an organized group (prob easiest in Gandala)
find a ventrilo server
dominate feds

its a shame the LFG tool is a sad abortion of usefulness
lol, is there a UI system that Cryptic have EVER got right.... they have a lot of MMO experiance but when it comes to "raids" and "pvp" there are lacking .... (we won't go into auction houses etc) - okay we will ! lol

look at their previous games... their UI design has always been sad jokes of poor coding. "the exchange" just feels so unweildy i'm sure a 10 year old designed it on a cm64
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zautin View Post
This is an embarassment to Klingons.

Za'Rex
Actually, you are an embarrassment to Klingons. If you had any helpful insight, advice, explanations or even anecdotes, that is what you should have gave. Instead you give an insulting, worthless post worthy of a petaQ.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Well, if these same feds would go back and play t1 pvp, they would win. Amazing what knowledge of the game does for you.
Agreed, they most likely would.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Dear OP:

Hai, Im Capt'n Madwilly, I am leveling thru t4 pvp, your complaints are both lame and well lamer, Both sides have access to the Skills you listed with the Variable being to klingon BOP utility, and the Ship design to fed.
this is a strong balancing feature to possess, I am sorry you feel your Vorcha is a pee shooting oompa Loompa but in the end, That is how you are playing it..

Also on a side note, I have noticed a great deal of the Fed side playing well VERY poorly. Even I attest to going hey look i popped ramming speed well lets see what happens. But Lately Cruiser mounting Dual torps and
Dual Beam arrays are making my head hurt, But its still fun! you know why Beacause it is.
If you do not Like PvP in this game dont play it or do so sparingly, But in the end, we love you for your need to avail us with your examples of not being able to get thru 7k shields or maybe more if hes nifty.

TLDR: you are bad and its Ok but still play because we Like you

Hugs and Quantom Torpeados Madwilly!
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Made cptn myself today, I would say my experience was different. I was in a really good group and we did real well. It was a bit of a shock for sure when I got subnuc'ed or exploded before I knew I was being fired on once. Can't wait till I can get the better gear and get back to doing top dps, but for now there will be many adjustments to make for sure. That is what happens everytime you move to a new level of competition, I for one look forward to good competition and feds who don't die in 20 seconds or less. I also will note it is also harder 1v1 with the feds now in T3 I rarely lost 1v1. In this tier it is very different.

K'rapok cptn KDF
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Its sci~ captains that are Op , and they can be on both sides so dunno who we are yelling at in here......im lost.