Lt. Commander
# 21
02-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
Unless your job requires you to work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, its all too possible to reach Admiral without even trying. Even THEN its a possibility.
That's crazy. I've been playing since headstart, on average about 3 hours a day, and I'm Com 2. With work, paying at least some attention to the wife, and not dealing with kids, that is a serious investment of time.

You rear admirals make me think of the comic book guy from the simpsons. I know that probably isn't fair, but I can't imagine how you got there so fast without being basement dwellers.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
How do afford your Dorritoes and Mountain Dew when none of you have jobs?
Im from Germany. Make it Schnitzel and Beer, and we are set. No Dorritoes and Mountain Dew here. And our social welfare system is good enough to provide money for all of us who are too lazy to work. Any more questions?
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabasquaia View Post

There is no way only 1% of active players are at max level. You could hit max level sneezing.
Ive sneezed while playing and only gone up one rank!!! The quality of my sneezing needs work.....
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QLanatir
Or several hundred just kidding.
Well the funny thing that occurred to me one day... are we actually seeing ALL the instances? Or only a limited subset, which I suspect to be the case, as I've never seen the numbers sequentially.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
Well, I see a few different scenarios here:

1. That interview was a week or more old.

2. He meant 1% were maxed out, not just RA

3. That figure Cryptic gave about 1 million accounts was actual subscriptions and not just the number of registered users

4. Cryptic bent the truth to serve them (hope that's not the one)

5. 1% was a typo if the interview was written, or a speech error if it was a live interview
1. I'm not sure about that one I mite re-watch the interview.

2. I think it was maxed RAs I will double check later.

3. that would make sense.

4. he stated that he wanted an official print out before the interview, so it was an educated guess.

5. it was a call, and not scripted.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
That's crazy. I've been playing since headstart, on average about 3 hours a day, and I'm Com 2. With work, paying at least some attention to the wife, and not dealing with kids, that is a serious investment of time.

You rear admirals make me think of the comic book guy from the simpsons. I know that probably isn't fair, but I can't imagine how you got there so fast without being basement dwellers.
Im Captain and I skip whole days of playing. Lately I play for an hour a day. Because I dont want to reach the end. If I actually TRIED at all Id have been at Admiral easy a week ago. I spend most of my time just dinking around on the forums instead.

Im actually doing everything I can NOT to level. If you've been playing for 3 hours a night since headstart then you are leveling very slowly. Sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Saw it coming a mile away as the game is no risk/all reward.

The actual % is a heck of a lot more than 1. Unless they're counting alts.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilag
We could have several million players for all we know.
I dunno, once the forums hit 1 million, it was all over news sites, if the PLAYER population was around that you think it would be too.... but then them being called pout cause they lied and said it was a 1 million pop when it was a 1 million FORUM pop may be why they arent reporting it anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:

I've got to say that seems a little slow to me. I've been playing on average 3-4 hours a day, and have skipped a lot of days and I just hit RA2 today.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
I dunno, once the forums hit 1 million, it was all over news sites, if the PLAYER population was around that you think it would be too.... but then them being called pout cause they lied and said it was a 1 million pop when it was a 1 million FORUM pop may be why they arent reporting it anymore.
I read the original statement about hitting 1 million. It said 1 million registered accounts, it never said anything about subscriptions.