Lt. Commander
# 21
02-24-2010, 03:54 AM
i never realised there was a difference between trekkers and trekkies, your all fans of star trek, what does it matter? I can't but help of thinking of the futurama episodes where star trek became a religion, is this going to become a Protestants and Catholics type thing?
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-24-2010, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorney
i never realised there was a difference between trekkers and trekkies, your all fans of star trek, what does it matter? I can't but help of thinking of the futurama episodes where star trek became a religion, is this going to become a Protestants and Catholics type thing?
OK that make he laugh. What an obscene thought. Can't help but think you may be right though.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-24-2010, 03:57 AM
Quote:
The Protestants and Catholics thing is from genuine disagreements in interpretation of the Bible. The Trekkie and Trekkers thing is from Trekkers being an obnoxious bunch who want to be 'cool' by making fun of Trekkies. See the link in my last post (an article by a Trekker about why Trekkers are better) for confirmation.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-24-2010, 04:00 AM
Quote:
I can't but help of thinking of the futurama episodes where star trek became a religion, is this going to become a Protestants and Catholics type thing?
Just for a laugh
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-24-2010, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
Gene Roddenberry was a guy who created a cool TV show, a TV show OTHER PEOPLE, are now handling I might add, other then that... no I really don't care about him

maybe it's just that I happen to be a SW fan first and thus seeing people openly question "the great creator" is the norm to me, but the whole "Gene Roddenberry's holy vision" stuff some people spew is kinda silly.
No I'm referring to the incident where a Gene called a group at a convention Trekkies and someone shouted "Its Trekkers" to witch Mr. Roddenberry replied "No, it's Trekkies, I mad you guys." so its Trekkie. Period.

Quote:
The Protestants and Catholics thing is from genuine disagreements in interpretation of the Bible. The Trekkie and Trekkers thing is from Trekkers being an obnoxious bunch who want to be 'cool' by making fun of Trekkies. See the link in my last post (an article by a Trekker about why Trekkers are better) for confirmation.
That reminds me of another convention story where Kevin Smith was speaking at, I think comic-con, and he remarked how he loved going to SciFi conventions because its the only place you will see someone in a chewbacca costume point at someone dressed as spock and say "Look at that ****ing nerd"
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-24-2010, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heldar View Post
the surveys all well and good,but it was severly lacking in an open comment box in a couple of areas as some of my answers are not exactly what i wanted,wouldve like an option to tick other and then a short explanation(the commnet box)
i feel they were forcing me to choose what they wanted to hear,instead of what i wanted to say,
Depends what the purpose of the survey is, it seems to me to be a mix of major issue mentioned on the board and what they want is to see how these ranks compare to each other. There are several kinds of surveys and each type have different objectives this time they want a quantified results they can put in a graph and compare etc.
They also want to reach the entire player base not just a selected few which makes a pure multiple choice survey are more feasible in terms of cost and time as oppose to a survey based on comments. Of course multiple answers with no comment boxes generally have a greater degree of being answered then those with or those only consisting of "free style" answers.
All in all I think we should just see this as a survey at takes the temperature on various hot issues off the board that Cryptic have found plausible/most discussed/something else.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-24-2010, 05:08 AM
Giving 240 Cryptic points for taking it was in my opinion a brilliant move.

"If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some."
- Benjamin Franklin
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-24-2010, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIny_Tank
Trekkie darn you cryptic no trekker Real fans are TREKKIEs and find that lame term Trekker offensive and silly
Hmmm?

I've always heard,

Trekkie = lame "poser" not a "real" fan

Trekker = the real, hardcore, speak-only-Klingon/etc, go to cons, etc type "real" fans.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-24-2010, 05:38 AM
I was always told, and believed....

Trekkie: Uber fan who dresses up and goes to cons....can recite every little detail about every little think, like Yeoman Rand's cabin number on the Enterprise, or the ones that nit pick every little inconsistency.

Trekker: One who enjoys the show, for being what it is...a show. Just a fan...nothing more.

However...it really doesn't matter. We all enjoy Trek....and that's all that should matter....tho some Trek fans...kinda scare me.....
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-24-2010, 07:51 AM
oh this thread is realy funny

this is in germany a trekker http://www.vanleeuwenmech.nl/images/...gesnedenII.jpg

and i was thinking this is a trekkie http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/m...iser/17443.jpg

ok only a joke.