Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-24-2010, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrind24
BoP has one advantage no other ship in the game has. Universal BO's slots. If your just going to equip it as you would a Raptor then take the raptor. I played BoP T1-T5, I love it.
The flexibility in officers is its saving grace...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-24-2010, 04:17 AM
I tend to pretty much disagree with everything in here. I've flown a BoP all the way to T5.
In the T4 bracket I always finished top of the board with damage between 250k-350k. I have yet to see a Raptor outdamage my BoP.

Universal BOs far outweights the benefits a Raptor offers over a BoP in T5, or any tier for that matter.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-24-2010, 05:07 AM
You will have to use two DCs, not three DHCs.

It does not matter THAT much, I mean we are all soon to be T5 Generals anyway...

Side note, 2 or 3 cannons does not matter energy wise, as always only one cannon is firing due to global cooldowns, the only thing that can drain energy is having more turrets mounted.

This said, I recommend using a Vor'cha BC in Tier 4. Add a turning console if you need it, a cannon cruiser can dish out a lot and also take a beating. It is all about the mix.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-24-2010, 05:28 AM
I played as a BoP till T4 and loved it. When I hit T4 I put away the toys and started using the big guns. Now that I am in a Negvah I use that nearly exclusively unless I am with friends, then I use the BoP and the high yield & rapid fire 3. But, if you que by yourself alot then youll want the heavy cruisers etc etc has been my experience. Tried the raptor out at each tier, but havent really found it as useful as either the BoP or Ktinga/Vorcha/Negvah or even the Vocu. Thats my 2 cents.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-24-2010, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornetin
I tend to pretty much disagree with everything in here. I've flown a BoP all the way to T5.
In the T4 bracket I always finished top of the board with damage between 250k-350k. I have yet to see a Raptor outdamage my BoP.

Universal BOs far outweights the benefits a Raptor offers over a BoP in T5, or any tier for that matter.
I disagree, If I was flyng a Hegh'ta at the moment instead of my Qin, I'd use the same BO's I do now, minus the extra ensign the raptor offcers, and dropping from 4 tactical console upgrades to 3 and losing a turret in the rear would drop my dps quite noticably.

De-equipping 1 disruptor console loses me about 80-120 dps per weapon (I have 6 disruptor weapons) and i'd lose an entire turret, all for the small benefit of increased turn rate, which I don't need as nothing survives more than 8 seconds of my damage output barring RSP.

It's just my opinion as to what is better, damage or turn rate, as yours is yours, but it is however an indisputable fact that the raptor is capable of more maximum dps than is the bird of prey.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-24-2010, 07:20 AM
I saw a raptor pilot in T4 doing consistant 300k+ games using DBBs in front and Turrents in the back, no cannons. FBP would ruin his day of course, but he was top damage in almost every map i was in with him, and I was pulling 200k+ on my Vor'cha.