Lt. Commander
Before last week, I was able to run this game pretty smooth at moderately high settings. Everything seemed to happen around the time they put the driver check in.

Current Setup:
  • Windows Vista 64
  • GeForce 8800M GTX
  • 4G RAM
  • Core 2 Quad 6600
  • Creative Audigy 2 ZS Notebook

During beta, I started with the 195.62 drivers installed and was getting massive video stutters when out of my ship. I read several posts that had the same issues and recommended going back to older drivers. So I rolled back to the 191.56 drivers and everything worked fine.

Fast forward to last week. One of the patches 2/18 or 2/19 reintroduced the problem (at least for me). Since then, I have tried the 190.89, 195.55, 195.62, and 195.81 (these are the current drivers). All seem to have the same issue. I cannot install either the 196.21 nor the 196.34 drivers (laptopvideo2go) because of BSOD problems. I'm hoping the official NVIDIA release of these for mobile cards fixes that.

The FPS drops seems to occur mostly when target switching. According to /fpsgraph, every time I switch targets, I get a huge FPS drop. Kind of takes all the fun out of hopping and flipping and pew pewing on away team missions. On top of this, there also seems to be a general reduction in overall performance and I had to reduce many settings (AA rate, Lighting, etc) and turn Post Processing completely off to get back to where it was the prior week.

Anyone else having these types of issues?

Thanks,
Joe
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 07:54 AM
Us GPUz to check your temps for your gfx card. http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz

If your temps while running the game are higher than 80c then the gfx is throttling down to prevent overheating. High stressing games like that can wear down the thermal cooling components in your computer (it thermal pads and paste) ESP if the pc is not used to running a demanding game like that on a regular basis.