Lt. Commander
# 81
02-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idryll_Alira View Post
It is pretty hard to level klingons. I am a full admiral on the fed side and i enjoy pvp, but getting klingon xp feels like getting blood from a stone. As to the gear difference, it is pretty huge, especially where it comes to ship shields and other elements that really affect pvp survivability.

Klingon characters are not really part of a faction. They are more like the monsters you can play in lord of the rings online. I would strongly suggest that every fed should be given a klingon character creation option at their level. As it stands, there are so few klingons that the pvp system has broken down at the high levels. If klingon characters are just in the game to make pvp, then they should be much easier to level.
Excuse me, no. I do not want those terribads creating KDF at their own level. Every KDF out there has earned their rank, one way or another.

The play quality of the KDF side is low enough without letting in the people who are already failing to pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 82
02-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idryll_Alira View Post
It is pretty hard to level klingons. I am a full admiral on the fed side and i enjoy pvp, but getting klingon xp feels like getting blood from a stone. As to the gear difference, it is pretty huge, especially where it comes to ship shields and other elements that really affect pvp survivability.

Klingon characters are not really part of a faction. They are more like the monsters you can play in lord of the rings online. I would strongly suggest that every fed should be given a klingon character creation option at their level. As it stands, there are so few klingons that the pvp system has broken down at the high levels. If klingon characters are just in the game to make pvp, then they should be much easier to level.
The LOTRO implimentation of PvP is the worst I've ever played. EVER. That game has a wonderful core engine and PvE system in it, music, atmosphere and tons of content. The PvP is usually

empty
hard to gear up orcs side
well geared PvE players rollings orcs
LOTS of running around doing nothing

If I had to pick a worse implimentation of PvP than our current Star Trek game, I would point to LOTRO.
I still have hope this can be fixed because the groundwork laid is still viable.