Lt. Commander
# 1 An apology to the devs
02-24-2010, 08:23 AM
I have been one of this game's biggest supporters prior to release, then one of it's most outspoken haters after release.

But I just wanted to say I don't blame the developers, I know you guys did the best you could with the resources you had and the time allotted and it really isn't your fault that your idiotic corporate bosses made you rush the game out before it was ready and wanted the game developed on that same tired old outdated engine you make everything else on instead of using something new or at least innovative.

I don't blame you guys personally for the fail that is Star Trek Online and I know you put a lot of work into it and most people pride themselves on their work and it's only natural to take it personally when someone criticizes it. I know you're whole team is running around doing damage control right now just trying to get things stable and fixed as quickly as you can before the subscriber numbers dwindle and it is probably stressing you all out and the fact half the forums are ragging on you guys on a daily basis probably only makes it worse because we are all basically mocking your collective livelihoods and if this game sinks you will probably be out of the job.

I think even the most angry and bitter players who were disappointed by this game would realize it wasn't your fault if they knew the whole story and perhaps wouldn't be so quick to judge.

I don't expect any kind of positive dev reply here because despite the truth of what i'm saying, I know you can't really go on record agreeing with someone who badmouthed your bosses or company as a whole, but I just wanted to say sorry for any grief i've caused you guys.

I wish the Dev team good luck. I genuinely hope you guys can salvage this game and make it more playable and fun and get to keep your steady jobs for a long time.

To the upper management of cryptic, or more specifically the bozos responsible for pushing this crap out the door early, I really can't say what I wish would happen to you people because it would probably be a dreadful forum offense, so I will simply say I don't like you and hope you lose your jobs and get positions more suited to your lack of leadership skills and foresight, maybe cooking fries.

~Ta
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 08:25 AM
El Oh El
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Though I thoroughly enjoy STO; you are right in the fact that it is not the Devs fault. I find it very obvious that this was not their intention, releasing a game that is incomplete in several areas.

My suggestion, if I could make one, is unsub for now and try it again in two to three months. Personally, I have a lifetime subscription and an RA5 Character. I am 100% happy with my purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysRemember
I really can't say what I wish would happen to you people because it would probably be a dreadful forum offense, so I will simply say I don't like you and hope you lose your jobs and get positions more suited to your lack of leadership skills and foresight, maybe cooking fries.

~Ta
No. I like my fries fully cooked.
Lt. Commander
# 5
So this is your goodbye post? You'll stop whining on the forums then?

Yes, I blame Atari, not Cryptic on rushing the game out before it's done. But I'm confident that they will turn this around and get it into proper shape. The game isn't perfect by far but it's still fun for me. I'm just really getting tired of all the hate posts and "game sux" posts all over the place.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2010, 08:28 AM
I blame Atari for this mess.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Nice story, but even you don't know the whole story. I've seen the rumors that it was "greedy" Atari's fault. I've seen rumors that Atari's going under and need cash. I've seen the rumors that STO had to launch so-as to not be in violation of it's license to launch within 2 years, and thus Cryptic would lose the license if they didn't launch. I've seen other rumors too. Ultimately only Atari and Cryptic know what's really going on. Personally I think the blame can be spread in a lot of different laps, but that's just me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krussian
I planned on it, but you just now ruined it for everyone. I'm staying right here. Good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Nice story, but even you don't know the whole story. I've seen the rumors that it was "greedy" Atari's fault. I've seen rumors that Atari's going under and need cash. I've seen the rumors that STO had to launch so-as to not be in violation of it's license to launch within 2 years, and thus Cryptic would lose the license if they didn't launch. I've seen other rumors too. Ultimately only Atari and Cryptic know what's really going on. Personally I think the blame can be spread in a lot of different laps, but that's just me.
I never claimed to know the whole story, but I do know it isn't the dev team's fault. I think they are fully aware of how ready or unready the game they had been working on for the past year and a half was and wouldn't have pushed it out the door except to meet a release date set by someone else.

They don't deserve all the flak they get on the forums. Hate where hate belongs.
Lt. Commander
# 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krussian

Yes, I blame Atari, not Cryptic on rushing the game out before it's done. But I'm confident that they will turn this around and get it into proper shape. The game isn't perfect by far but it's still fun for me. I'm just really getting tired of all the hate posts and "game sux" posts all over the place.
Not to sound like a hater but can someone please link a site that stated it was Atari that forced them to release this game too soon. People have been tossing that out along with Cryptic getting a bonus or something not trolling just curious.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2010, 08:32 AM
I'd just like to add that even if it wasnt the Devs fault that the game was relased "too early", if they KNEW it was going to be released too early, it should have affected their design plan. For example, if they knew there wasnt going to be endgame content, then they should have adjusted the leveling speed so that it took longer to reach the end game than it currently does.