Lt. Commander
Let me first say that I accept that this game is a Star Trek themed MMO and that gameplay is accordingly MMO'd (groups of NPCs within spitting distance do nothing while you eliminate their comrades etc).

However, I have done a several missions which are distinctly MMO and not Trek - killing all the smugglers, wiping out the Romulan medical research facility (come on, that is badly scripted - THE baddie should have killed the last Romulans, done evil chuckle and exited stage left) and one where brave, fearless Klingons attacked an unarmed Princess!

Anyways, a lot of killing and no prisoners...

So, how about a capture option when a target is exposed? All it needs is the 'melee' button to flash, walk/sprint over and rifle-butt/punch the target. Instead of vaporize animation have beam out animation instead. Simples. Player choice - good Fed/bad Fed.

Oh - some enemy ships surrendering/warping out of combat would be nice (possibly an option to beam over survivors?). I must have destroyed the Klingon Fleet 3 times over.

On balance I'm enjoying the game, but it needs more Trek and less of the obvious MMO gameplay.

Discuss.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2010, 12:46 PM
I agree 100%. This just does not feel at all like Trek without a non violent option. But this is a brand spankin' new game, still shiny out of it's box and will probably go through quite a bit of changes in the near future (please Gods, let it be so). I'm really hoping that a capture option will appear eventually (along with a bunch of other stuff all ready covered in other threads).

Just wanted to let you know you are not the only one who feels that way.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Thanks

I did several ground missions last-night and such an option would be very welcome - you could even have a 'prisoner exchange' mission in neutral territory that perhaps isn't all that it seems
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2010, 05:58 AM
Weeeeeeeeeell....technically you're not killing anyone unless you vaporize them. They only become unconcious, like the player character and B.Officers. You'll see that when you encounter Romulan Medic-type NPCs they can bring back "dead" enemies just like you can.

Though, if you blow up said station afterwards, what does it matter?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2010, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaan.Brute
Weeeeeeeeeell....technically you're not killing anyone unless you vaporize them. They only because unconcious, like the player character and B.Officers. You'll see that when you encounter Romulan Medic-type NPCs they can bring back "dead" enemies just like you can.
They even bring back vaporised enemies. Seems that their skill should be called "Molecular Reassembling".
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2010, 09:53 AM
Prayer, Mr. Savaak. Starfleet does not take prisoners.