Lt. Commander
# 21
09-30-2008, 04:12 PM
I personaly like the feature with the 8 of 11 characters by Matt Highison in the interview. The racial or charactical design options seems like a great idea for STO. I can imagine that character creation system which has to be in the begining and during the game. Also I like the typical Star Trek characters idea alike humanoid, race & Star Fleet uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-30-2008, 04:28 PM
All I can say is.. bad ass!!

Thanks for taking the time out of the day to entertain us with your inspirational 'biography'!
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-30-2008, 05:04 PM
the alien creation is going to be to STO what the pink haired gnome with 2 pony tails is to WoW A JOKE. you keep going on about "its not a cryptic game if it didnt have cutumisation blahblahblah" CoX had all that and you failed to make the rest of any as good as it should have been. You claim to be ST fans yet you cant wait to shove thousands of new "races" that have no actual planet or history or ANYTHING in that entire universe. Do you not see the Contradiction stop wasting this guys time on making a silly idea into a reality and instead get him to recreate the 150+ Federation races and the same for the Klingons.

P.S. on the Uniform side of things may i recommend that you allow people to pick the Era from which they want the Uniforms e.g. TOS,TNG,Mid DS9/First contact and obviously your own version of future uniforms or just take em from the Voyager episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Cartoony graphics aside I've not had this much faith in a team to make a custom character tool.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-30-2008, 05:20 PM
hate to be this guy, but finally. keep the updates coming STO, it is all we've got for the next year lol.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.L.Picard View Post
the alien creation is going to be to STO what the pink haired gnome with 2 pony tails is to WoW A JOKE. you keep going on about "its not a cryptic game if it didnt have cutumisation blahblahblah" CoX had all that and you failed to make the rest of any as good as it should have been. You claim to be ST fans yet you cant wait to shove thousands of new "races" that have no actual planet or history or ANYTHING in that entire universe. Do you not see the Contradiction stop wasting this guys time on making a silly idea into a reality and instead get him to recreate the 150+ Federation races and the same for the Klingons.

P.S. on the Uniform side of things may i recommend that you allow people to pick the Era from which they want the Uniforms e.g. TOS,TNG,Mid DS9/First contact and obviously your own version of future uniforms or just take em from the Voyager episodes.
You do realize the magnitude of the possibilities this game can have? This is this guys job.. what other amazing things will the other developers bring us? This is but a minute fraction of possibilities and I'm rather excited to see a galaxy, perhaps a universe, filled with diversity. Its the heart and core of what Star Trek stands for. They can go backwards and forwards with content; expand and destroy everything else. The more dynamic a universe this is, the more dynamic my endgame. The more game I get to enjoy the less need for anything else.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Highison
Q: What’s on your iPod?
A: Aus Rotten, Deltron 3030, Greg Graffin, The Coup, Subtitle, anything from the amazing Bay Area collective Anticon, and the Halo 3 soundtrack (Marty McDonnell, one day I'll hook you up with the pint of beer and a sweaty hug you so deserve).
Good someone on this project needed to be listening to Deltron I'm glad they have been found.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Q: What would your dream starship be like?
A: I would love to command a Klingon Bird-of-Prey, 800m long with the ability to open trans-warp conduits at will, and fire quantum torpedoes while cloaked. Too bad the only action it would be seeing is orbiting around Risa while I’m off on a “ground mission”.
This is exactly the sort of OP Wesley bs we don't need in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-30-2008, 07:18 PM
I imagine Risa will be very nice to.. eh hem.. explore.
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-30-2008, 08:01 PM
This was very insightful! Thank you for posting this!