Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 03:03 PM
any kind of eta when i can actually log in a play this so called headstart. This que crap is not working and when i do get in it boots me right out. What the hell are we paying for,OH WAIT WERE STILL BETA TESTING. What a joke this is so far,getting close to being worse release i have seen in awhile.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-03-2010, 11:00 PM
I'd like to contribute the following workaround for what appears to be a bug in the parent coding for settings windows with tabs.

Anyone who is currently attempting to change Fleet Settings, Fleet Bank Configure Tab, or Chat Settings will see on their screen that a change to one rank or chat tab will be applied to all ranks/chats. This is simply a display bug; the settings have been appropriately changed for that specific rank or chat and none other.

The workaround is:
-change the settings for a rank/chat, then switch tabs (e.g., click on Fleet Uniforms or the chat tab arrow key to select another chat to change, then click back again to Fleet Settings or your original chat that you were modifying) to see the changes to the rank/chat you just changed
-click on another rank/chat, switch tabs and switch back to see this rank's/chat's settings
-repeat for all

I noticed this bug has been in existence since the very last build of Open Beta. Before that last Open Beta patch, the display was updating correctly. (Although there was a similar issue several patches before that.)
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-04-2010, 06:36 AM
I am wondering what is Cryptic's policy regarding bugs that hindered characters (lost rewards for instance). Is there any form of automatic compensation planned? How do you address those individual issues?
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
Lol, I think you mean "Remote Contacts"... You don't want to remove them!
I think they mean the "Hail Starfleet" button that opens up the Remote Contacts window.

Also, this didn't work.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-20-2010, 07:01 AM
Unsticky and lock this topic as its long past the headstart.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-24-2010, 08:10 AM
What does GM stand for ... what does the initials mean?

I thought it meant Game Manager. But obviously this is not right. A manager is suppose to Manage. In the instance of an MMO, to manage the game and the players in it.

In 9Dragons, the GM's and VGM's are in the game and people can actually talk to them and get something done with problems they are experiencing ... even to manipulating the characters account who is having problems.

I have been having the same problem since I was a Lieutenent and now I am at Admiral 5 and am still having the very exact same problem. I turned seven bug reports on this particular problem and am now in the process of turning in my eighth bug report on this problem. If Cryptic hasn't provided the tools necessary for a GM to actually be a Game Manager, this should be relayed to those who WANT and expect help with their characters ... simplest example ever /killme and no GM actually helps the player to get unstuck.

All I would like for a GM to do for me is to purge a mission from my account, but they don't seem to even be aware of me ever filing seven bug reports to this affect.

So, my understanding on what the actual initials G and M stand for must not be correct. Anyone, or perhaps an actual GM can tell me what it is your GM title means?

Lt. Commander
# 27
02-24-2010, 11:04 AM
gamemaster