Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bherr
I would have liked the option for lack of content when asked what was my least fav thing about STO.
This is what I would have written had it been listed (or 'other+comment'), but since it wasn't I went with Crafting.

I have literally only done the initial Memory Alpha turn-in. I have since kept every single item I have scanned in my bank - and I never leave a system/planet without scanning everything. Yeah I have a ton of stuff in there lol. But my hope is for a massive crafting revamp before I am forced to actually use all of it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-24-2010, 07:50 AM
You also noticed.. they did not even asked one single question about the number 1 issue we are concern about and did not even address it :

SKILL TREE, CAPS AND POINTS -
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkjag View Post
You also noticed.. they did not even asked one single question about the number 1 issue we are concern about and did not even address it :

SKILL TREE, CAPS AND POINTS -
No you think its a number 1 issue and are concerned about it, i guess they believe (which imo i think is true) the majority of the rest of us really don't give a damn about it and think it should be capped.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
No you think its a number 1 issue and are concerned about it, i guess they believe (which imo i think is true) the majority of the rest of us really don't give a damn about it and think it should be capped.
Other then the fact they CHANGED this very last minute in secret and tried to keep it from the people that were playing this game? yea no that's ****ing ****. I saw more times that there is no skill cap you will always be able to improve your character And then a last minute change naw **** you guys skill cap.

You can't bait and switch like this and expect no backlash. Its retarded the way the skill points work right now you can get like 17 "levels" of skills at Rear Admiral 45 which i imagine is because this system was designed for unlimited points to be earned after you maxed out. But not its stupid and doesn't work.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Reason I bought STO: Because I tried it in beta, and had fun playing.

Before I played it, I had no interest in buying it -- because I'm both an ST fan of 25 years standing, and an MMORPG gamer of 10 years standing. I didn't think it would work.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-24-2010, 11:05 AM
The fact that everyone is saying to drop the price should indicate to everyone just how bad the game really is.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabasquaia View Post
The fact that everyone is saying to drop the price should indicate to everyone just how bad the game really is.
Sorry, who is everyone? The last few people have agreed that $50 is about right, didn't they? Is that not the non-discounted price for the game?

The game is fine - it will be fine down the road too. Nothing in this world will ever live up to its "potential". There will always be "coulda", "shoulda" statements. Take it for what it is and enjoy it. If you feel that the game could use something, write a specific post or statement to the Devs. They are listening. If your idea is good and fleshed out, or if you proposing a doable game change and enough people agree than they do take notice.

Saying this game sucks, or is bad, or that it is the best game ever, or it rocks - there is no substance in that.

@OP - perhaps more detail in answers could have been used, but maybe they just wanted to compile multiple choice data and look at percentages rather than have to manually go through each submission. This is probably the quickest way for them to get feedback. For the more specific issues, they are monitoring the forums.

I do agree that a large portion of the community will likely have gotten missed regarding some of the "hot topics" however, because too many of the community either don't take the time to post here, or have been scared away/beaten into submission by posters on this forum. Hopefully the next survey will include more of the issues.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-24-2010, 11:21 AM
I honestly believe that at the games current state, there should be no subscription fee. It seems like the same structure as Guild Wars, where everything is instanced. BOs are like Heroes, which basically killed all form of teaming in Guild Wars, which is why the game feels like a single player game. When I play it feels like I am playing a sub-par console game that I rented for the weekend. But even with a 0$ fee, I wouldn't be sticking around more than a couple weeks.

I gave the game a score of 5/10 because that is the lowest passing grade. It reminds me of me back in highschool when I didn't give a **** about anything and put forth just enough work not to fail.

Hopefully the survey helps them get the game going, but from what I hear about Champions Online, I'm really not sure if they will.