Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-24-2010, 08:31 AM
I actually had a pretty nice PVP experience a couple of days back.

Two BoP's against me in a heavy cruiser. First thing I read when they decloaked was one telling the other 1v1 in local chat.

it was a nice experience to not get swamped 10 seconds after respawning right under the noses of those two, and even sweeter to win 1v1.

Of course, the other one then blew me up., but I did manage to bloody his nose as well.

Sadly, I didn't think to catch the name of those two, so if any of you remember me (Nine), feel free to PM me.

It's sad to hear groundless accusations are flying around, but I guess it was to be expected...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-24-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
I got called Coward after fleeing a 3 on 1 after I fought them for the better part of 5 minutes as I used RSP twice ..and still had all my other stuff on cooldown when the third fellow pulled up to what had been a good two on one....

Seriously? I was going toe to toe with 2 people and it was at a standstill and because not dying pointlessly isn't in my handbook I am a coward for regrouping safely?

heheh ya I love that one.

"Come back and face the 4 of us you Klingon coward!"

This even after you've taken down one of them even though it was 4 v 1.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-24-2010, 09:10 AM
I exploit all the time.

Right after I expose my enemy.

ground pvp joke!
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-24-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XedoeSR View Post
Let me start off by mentioning I play klingon side first and foremost. I did make a fed to do some PvE with during klingon side PvP downtimes seeing T5 PvP for us is lacking and so is any real content, but I wont go into that.

I am on my LT7 feddy in my miranda trash can, when suprise suprise a klink decloaks and presumes shooting me in the back. No big deal I can deal with a 1v1 due to me having shield and hull repairs at that level to outlast him. So, I proceed with the 1v1 in a salvage map, we lost by the way, and won the 1v1 fight. No big deal, so I go on about my business when I get a tell from the guy I just beat by a rather large amount. He accused me of exploiting evasive maneuvers somehow. All I can think of to make him think that is I was at 1/4 impulse, I sped up to full to gain some distance, popped evasive maneuvers, went head on with him with high yield while his shields were down, and blew him up. Pretty standard deal right there for either side depending on which facing is down, but standard way of doing things dont you think?

So, how did I exploit?
Yes, I've seen some KDF get very excited when they are handed an unexpected defeat.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Groundless accusations are coming mainly from inexperienced players who are surprised at the difference between PvE and PvP.

In PVE you do not die in 10 seconds battles are like the series and movies with prologues exchange of fire.

And PVP simply does not have the same pace, yet this is manly because you are fighting against equal opponents, (as opposed to toned down NPC's) and they focus on you too with all they got, using all their abilities to maximize offense and defense.

If you manage to have a 1 vs 1 the pace is almost the same as PVE, but often we get fired upon by more than one opponent.

it is still funny to see such comments, but should not be taken very seriously I believe, besides, there are ways to know when someone actually exploits or cheats, there are background systems and logs that can be verified by the Devs.

My big surprise the first time I pvped in this game was the Evasive Maneuvers combined with an Engine battery.

i did not accuse anyone cheating thought, instead I came here to get informed, and most Klingons have been forthcoming and informative.

it is something that I like about the overall Community, it has more honor than most others in other games.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Yes, I've seen some KDF get very excited when they are handed an unexpected defeat.
i've zoned into t2 games on my engineer alt where the score was 10 to 2 klink favor. a little healing and the score quickly turned into a federation win.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-24-2010, 10:43 AM
I use exploits all the time
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
i've zoned into t2 games on my engineer alt where the score was 10 to 2 klink favor. a little healing and the score quickly turned into a federation win.
Man, I have gone into a match in TIER 1 - where the score is already 6-0 and started throwign heals and making a group and had feds start winning > 1:1 over kdf.

Only problem then is kdf may start hanging back when they start losing which slows things down.