Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combadge
However, this is changing "soon" so that all the skillpoints invested in a ship class will contribute to other ship class skills that are further down the line.
This is true, The latest ask cryptic addresses this well. The lower abilities though will have less of an effect on hier tier ships than the higher level skills would. Also, the two admiral ships in each class will not carry over for example, the DSSV skills would not apply to the Recon Science vessel.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrshran View Post
This is true, The latest ask cryptic addresses this well. The lower abilities though will have less of an effect on hier tier ships than the higher level skills would. Also, the two admiral ships in each class will not carry over for example, the DSSV skills would not apply to the Recon Science vessel.
I can't find this dev post... Where be it?

If they are changing it then it's annoying as I've not decked points into any of the ship skills...
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-24-2010, 12:06 PM
if you go on the main page of the STO website, it should be under the box with the survey in it (Ak Cryptic: Skills) From the information in there all i can say id that this is coming; it does not say when although it gives the impression that it might be when they raise the skill cap to a higher amount.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
if you go on the main page of the STO website, it should be under the box with the survey in it (Ak Cryptic: Skills) From the information in there all i can say id that this is coming; it does not say when although it gives the impression that it might be when they raise the skill cap to a higher amount.
Cheers,

and that blows kinda for me. Now I have to get back to the drawing board and re-sink the points into the ship skills... *sigh*.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdaNova
Cheers,

and that blows kinda for me. Now I have to get back to the drawing board and re-sink the points into the ship skills... *sigh*.
not necissarily. If they do up the skill cap by then you won't have to change anything, just stick the new points into previous skills. it's probably not worth re-doing the skill points as i doubt this'll be in place for a while and you'll have a hard time till it is.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
I didn't get that particular impression. If anything, I got the impression that the change was coming sooner rather than later, as the only time frame given on this particular subject is from the comment "However, we are in the process of changing this.". And by "in the process", I'm assuming they're working on changing it now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that change turn up in a patch relatively soon, where as the raise in the skill cap isn't happening until "..a larger update later this year..".

Who really knows, though.