Lt. Commander
# 1 Officer Powers and Ranks
02-24-2010, 06:58 AM
I think the naming convention for Officer powers needs clarification, I wasted a lot of skill points on skills because skill I can be an Ensign level skill while anotherskill I can be a Commander grade skill but yataotherskill II is a Lieutenant grade skill and skill II is an admiral grade skill.

Maybe give skills the Name-Rank-Grade

so the Lieutenant skill Polish Tribble II would be

Polish Tribble LT II

Also It would be easier to buy skills if the vendor did not just have a long list of "Ensign" skills with tactical, science and engineering mixed up... there should be a Tactical skill page with JUST Tactical skills, a separate page of just Science skills etc.

Are skill points in STO infinite? ie can you just keep accumulating skill points forever regardless of your rank? The reason I ask is if at some point you can NO LONGER accumulate new skill points, we need a way to respec our skills.

Thanks, loving the game, but hate the "Memory Alpha Crafting Zone" No one will talk to me and all my equipment is too high level for Lt Romain to do anything with.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Skill points for your character are capped at lever 45 (RA 5.) Skill Points for BO are unlimited.

Hope that helps,
Duncan