Lt. Commander
# 1 Subsytem Repair?
02-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Hi, was wondering if anyone knew if the the move in skill tree "Starship Subsystem Repair" - "This skill improves starship repair speed and related abilities" refers to like the EPS Flow where energy transfers/recharges faster? or just repair in the sense if something disables a subsystem, how fast it comes back to normal?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2010, 08:28 AM
bumping this thread because i was just wondering the same thing, and i thought it would be better to bump than to create a new thread.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blufox View Post
Hi, was wondering if anyone knew if the the move in skill tree "Starship Subsystem Repair" - "This skill improves starship repair speed and related abilities" refers to like the EPS Flow where energy transfers/recharges faster? or just repair in the sense if something disables a subsystem, how fast it comes back to normal?
Haven't the skill yet but I would assume it does one of two things:
- get disabled systems (such as downed shields) back online faster
- increase hull repair rate (quite useful especially against the crystal entity)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 08:32 AM
i don't think it would increase hull repair rate, since it isn't really a subsystem. Note how the effect on phasers has a chance to disable a subsytem, although i would love phasers that disabled the hull of a ship. I think i'm leaning towards it meaning it's like the EPS flow regulator, since there aren't too many enemies that disable subsytems, although this may be a common staple in raid bosses or the equivalent.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-20-2010, 02:58 AM
I'm curious too, the description uses engineering team as an example, but I haven't seen ANY improvement in my engineering team power since I've been putting points into it. Is it just bugged? Or does it provide a bonus I can't see?

On that note, I'm sick and tired of invisible bonuses, every skill should say IN DETAIL exactly what it does.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2010, 10:39 AM
bump for confirmation of anything? i put 2 points into this and my Engineering team did not increase in any of the categories...bug?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Well the concept of beam weapons, like phasers should they penetrate shields is to cause an overload, most mechanical systems would remain intact except for a direct hit, but systems close or having main power connections running thru the impacted area would get a surge..

Like when you look at the Reliant hitting the Enterprise for the first time, the phaser cannons kinetic damage cuts thru the hull, the surge of power reverbs thru the surrounding hull and systems..

It would be nice to see a ships weapon/movement capacity drop as they take damage.. Like in the beginning of Wrath of Kahn.. when Savik said.. "Fire all phasers" and was told by Spock, "No power to the weapons captain", before the system behind him blew up from a surge..

Since it seems a little impractical that a ship with 1% hull, fires all weapons just as well as a vessel with 100%.. not very realistic..