Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Utimately this can be solved by simply asking the other side over chat if they are ready and waiting at our spawn till they are. Sportmanship is I guess a novel concept anymore.

K'rapok Cptn KDF
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by albs477 View Post
Utimately this can be solved by simply asking the other side over chat if they are ready and waiting at our spawn till they are. Sportmanship is I guess a novel concept anymore.
I generally try to do this. 90% of the time, the first Fed to spawn in runs to attack us anyway, 5v1, apparently more interested in getting the match over with and collecting their reward than anything else.

Also, sometimes it can be a looong wait. I've gone through an entire match without getting a full game. Sometimes you're stuck with 5v1 or 5v2 for a good 5+ minutes.

Bottom line is it's a problem Cryptic can and should address.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-24-2010, 04:56 PM
the fix is easy. it's a 2 part process.
1-once you zone in, game automatically removes you from other queues.
2.everyone is disabled until 5 (or 7 or 10) of each faction are in the sampe instance. dont even have to be fully disabled, you can let everyone fly or walk around (take up def/off positions) just disable their weapons (and as a piece of foresight, disable Carriers' hangars-i can hear it now...).

the latter also provides a secondary benefit. what reason would you have to fly headlong into the middle of the map to zergfest the enemy if you couldnt fire till all their teammates were there? people might actually explore the maps and all the tactical and strategical advantages of them rather than the 1% of the map everyone goes to within the 1st 15 seconds of a match.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
I generally try to do this. 90% of the time, the first Fed to spawn in runs to attack us anyway, 5v1, apparently more interested in getting the match over with and collecting their reward than anything else.

Also, sometimes it can be a looong wait. I've gone through an entire match without getting a full game. Sometimes you're stuck with 5v1 or 5v2 for a good 5+ minutes.

Bottom line is it's a problem Cryptic can and should address.
Eh Klings do it too, after a respectful waiting period. It's good sportsmanship. Most klingons I play against don't wait for me to even spawn into the arena. Sometimes I lead em on a chase, but since I can't see em, and most are faster than me, I get caught. Can be fun though seeing how long I can run.

It's not all klingons, it's just most. However, many also mess around if they're outnumbered instead of waiting in cloak for 10 minutes. That's sportsmanship in a bad situation.

Oh, and about the Queue not popping guys, the reason for it is if you zone anytime after you queue up, the pop up window won't show. Just hit the minimap menu again to select the queue list and open it up, then close it again. Do this everytime you zone, and you won't get that problem... usually.

Salute to Slamz