Lt. Commander
# 1 BOs for a Cruiser
02-24-2010, 07:17 AM
I'm a engineer with a new cruiser, and I'm trying to assemble my bridge crew. What skills should I be giving my BOs that will help me run my ship?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 07:34 AM
For Engineering I find "Emergency Power to Shields" and "Engineering Team" both really good.
For Science I like "Jam Sensors" I think it's called. It jams 1 opponent's ability to shoot at you for 16 seconds. Then there is "Polarize Hull" that breaks tractor beam locks.
For Tactical I like "High Yield Torpedo" and "Fire at will"
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narn
I'm a engineer with a new cruiser, and I'm trying to assemble my bridge crew. What skills should I be giving my BOs that will help me run my ship?

Thanks!
it depends if your going offensive or defensive for the engineer traits; either way its remarkably similar.

tactical - this is your primary offensive area
Engineering - there are quite a few defensive traits, but not many offensive traits
science - there are lots of support skills.

offensively I would look at skills in the tactical line such as high yield torpedos and beam: overload,

defensively I would recommend skills like hazard emitters (science), extend shields (engineering), reverse shield polarity, & engineering team (engineering).

my tier 2 load out is as follows

LT. Engineer - engineering team 1, extend shields 1
Ensign Engineer - emergency power to shields 1, reverse shield polarity (swap the bridge officers if pvp/soloing)
ensign science - hazard emitters 1
ensign tactical - high yield torpedo 1
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
it depends if your going offensive or defensive for the engineer traits; either way its remarkably similar.

tactical - this is your primary offensive area
Engineering - there are quite a few defensive traits, but not many offensive traits
science - there are lots of support skills.

offensively I would look at skills in the tactical line such as high yield torpedos and beam: overload,

defensively I would recommend skills like hazard emitters (science), extend shields (engineering), reverse shield polarity, & engineering team (engineering).

my tier 2 load out is as follows

LT. Engineer - engineering team 1, extend shields 1
Ensign Engineer - emergency power to shields 1, reverse shield polarity (swap the bridge officers if pvp/soloing)
ensign science - hazard emitters 1
ensign tactical - high yield torpedo 1
I'm not really sure yet which traits I will take. I haven't really been playing long, and was hoping some veteran engineers could give me some pointers. I've been using Emergency Power to Shields I, Science Teams 1, Torpedo Spread 1 so far on my Miranda (starter ship).

I have three unused green tactical officers in the assignment tray, but I need to get another engineer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Engineering BO:
Must Haves: Emergency Power to Shields, Engineering Team
Good Choices: Reverse Shield Polarity, Auxiliary to Strurctural, Aceton Field

Science BO:
Good Choices: Science Team, Polarize Hull, Hazard Emitters

Tactical BO:
Good Choices: Torpedo High Yield, Beam Overload, Beam Fire at Will, Tactical Team

I'd recommend trying all of the above powers and seeing what works for you. Consider taking varying levels of the same skill, or staggering different skills to different power ranks. Most skills like Engineering Team and Emergency Power can have stacking effects if you max their rank so that the shared cooldown for use is shorter than the power's duration. This allows you to have one application of the power always active, and for a brief period, two applications which will stack.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativePhobia
Engineering BO:
Must Haves: Emergency Power to Shields, Engineering Team
Good Choices: Reverse Shield Polarity, Auxiliary to Strurctural, Aceton Field

Science BO:
Good Choices: Science Team, Polarize Hull, Hazard Emitters

Tactical BO:
Good Choices: Torpedo High Yield, Beam Overload, Beam Fire at Will, Tactical Team

I'd recommend trying all of the above powers and seeing what works for you. Consider taking varying levels of the same skill, or staggering different skills to different power ranks. Most skills like Engineering Team and Emergency Power can have stacking effects if you max their rank so that the shared cooldown for use is shorter than the power's duration. This allows you to have one application of the power always active, and for a brief period, two applications which will stack.
Cool! Thanks for the help guys!